$20 e-bay brake. Why not?

Why go radial, when you can do a simple directional + crush washer to get better performance and less stuff flying when you touch off a round?

Unless it's for esthetics, in which case an eBay brake probably isn't going to look great either.
When I build an AR-15 for my wife I was looking for a gaudy muzzle break, eBay didn't disappoint.

I've bought a few from Trident Muzzle Brakes - his Ebay handle is Azjason480. Made in USA, Nitrided Stainless, quick shipping and around $40 if I recall.
This looks like a winner. The "self timing" by crush washer bugs me a bit, since crush washers are single use. But I bet a few extra could be had for the asking.

Simplicity. I'm planning to play with several barrels. Radials just screw on to whatever barrel - no timing. I usually don't shoot prone in the dirt other than in a hunting scenario. I could get a self-timing brake, but why spend for something you don't need?
While the self timing brakes may cost a little more, they work on everything that has the right thread and bore diameter, just like a radial. Take like 3 seconds more than a radial to install and are typically more effective.