2 firsts and a 72 meter bunnie +pics

foreign

i was recently in the States visiting the girlfriend and driving here a little crazy dragging her from hunting shop to shop. after seeing how cheap everything was i ended up getting loads of reloading gear, new arrows and some camo gear. thats the first of the firsts. i have never owned camo gear and since i want to get more into bow hunting i thought that i should buckle and invested in some.(haha "invested" is my way or justifying i think)

this morning i was doing some rifle load testing and once i got home the wind had picked up and i decided it would be a good time to get out the bow and do some target practice.
i wanted to do some more load testing in the afternoon but the wind just wasnt being conducive so i thought why not try get some bunnies down at the river with the bow. i mean what better practice, stalking ranging and then shooting. perfect.
managed to get my first bunnie past 5 meters. than after a little while i though why not stretch it out a little ( i was also struggling to get close to them i bare fields.
found a bunnie at 90meters and walked in till i got to a gate at 72 meters. the bunnie had tucked down to the ground by now and wasnt going to go anywhere.

the last pin i have is 55meters. so i held at the bottom of my sight and a little into the 15km wind and let one go thwack 1foot left and a little high. the wind wasnt effecting the arrow like i thought it would. i hit windage wise where i aimed.
ok aim on and a little lower. thwack bunnie width low.
silly bunnie just sat there. ok aim higher... thwack. dead center hit
the bunnie jumped twice and that was it...
heres the distance
IMG_2590-1.jpg

IMG_2586-1.jpg

zoomed in view
IMG_2588.jpg

me and bunnie
IMG_2593.jpg

IMG_2595.jpg

now im going to get another pin and move out the others
cheers

That's quite a shot, nice work!
Awesome hunting shoes btw. I've gone out in flip flops before on a flat field hunting prarie dog, and tripped in a hole. Lol

thanks fellas. yea im really liking the bow at the moment.
Stu, i planning to take the bow out for some tahr sometime soon. hopefully once this weather were having leaves

bro, that is a epic shot. (the mostash is a bit cheese tho). when i get back we are going to sort our lives out and go get some big game ok.

ps. put my bow back to its full power

I'm sorry, I thought this was a hunting forum, not a place for weirdos wearing crocs to show off their revolting moustachios :rolleyes:.

See ya later this week

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts