195 Grain VLD over RE 25

txaggie1

Just getting started but pretty pleased with the results. 195 grain vld's out of my stw over reloader 25 max load at this point 72. No signs of pressure - the gun was a rebarreled wby mark v accumark with 30" bartlien. I have not crono'd yet just getting started may push it just a tad more - i'd like to get around 3,000 out of the tub.

Anyone else running this setup in STW same powder? What are you seeing? Always welcome advise -

RL 26 74 grains with a 195 Berger, one hole groups 2990 fps McWorter rifle
He's getting there with the Magic Dust!!
I don't have any idea what Alliant did when creating the #26
but, it has proven in everything I use it in, very accurate and FAST!! They claimed when I first read on it......The same as 25 but more temp stable......NOOOOT!!
If any of you (guys or gals)have the true low down on it, Please PM me and fill me in, as I'd really like to know!

I have a load that is running about 3050 with Berger 195s using RL26. It's not a finished load yet because I ran out of brass and have hammers loaded for hunting season in the rest of my brass cycle. I was putting 3 shots inside a 1" square at 300 during load work up and that was either 0.1 or 0.2 gr up and down from my selected charge. 26" barrel Cooper model 52 rifle.