12-Year-Old Wallops Bull Elk at 1376 YARDS!

Man those 7mm bullets fly.

Always have!

Great shot, really good shooter with a really great caliber. Never have understood the foolishness that persists that the 7MM Magnum is "not enough gun or marginal" for any animal that inhabits North America.

Elevation has a little to do with it, but I'm at Sea level and routinely shoot 1200 yards or more, with my 7mm. shooting the same 168 grain Burger bullet.
BTW Nice shot! great Elk.gun)

I have taken people out this summer who never shot at anything beyond a few hundred yards. With the right set up, I have seen newbies shoot good groups out to 1500 with my 6.5-284. Doesn't surprise me a kid with a good coach could make that shot.....repeatedly. Nice work.

For the old school guys...isn't equipment, powder, rifles, bullets, etc a game changer for long range? By that I mean what used to be a so so cartridge is enhanced with better "everything" to produce much more consistent and deadly results. Seems so to me, but I am new to the LR game.

WOW Nice shooting and a great trophy animal, he will remember that hunt for the rest of his life and tell his grandsons about it

Hey what is that nice light bipod they were using ? I need me one of those

Hank

Just awesome to see. Great job too on who did the video. Was the scope used on this shot a Vortex, Nightforce or something else?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.