$1000 binocular suggestions

I am shopping for new binoculars for hunting. I am hunting in more open country and spending more time behind the glass. My old binos and eyes are telling the tale on the inexpensive pair I have been using. They will be 10x42-50. Thanks for suggestions my binoculars are 30 yes old

Thanks

Buck
I understand what you are saying. For many years my binoculars came off the sale shelf or cheap rack at any or all sporting goods stores. They worked, kind of. The glass was never great, view not always so clear. They never did last long, drop them once and they were done for, fogging up was not unusual. As I got older and vision started to not be as sharp as it once was I decided to shop around and see what I could find. Most of my older binoculars were 8 x 42 or 10 x 42. Then I tried a friends 12 x 50's and what a difference. I now have a pair of Vortex Viper HD 12 x 50 binoculars that have a lifetime warranty. Unlike the others that found their way into the trash can simply send them back to Vortex for either repair or replacement. Glass is crystal clear and at $819.00 didn't break the bank.

I have an older pair of Swarovski 7x42mm Binos and can find game better as well as identify the game better than I can with a pair of 10x40 Leupold Cascades! When I first bought the Cascades it was for my son on his first hunting trip and I thought they had really good glass -- until I compared them with my Swarovski's. The resolution of the Swarovski's are that much better than the Leupolds -- and I couldn't tell the difference until I took them both on a hunting trip to the wide open high desert of Oregon and scanned for antelope -- then the difference was obvious! A couple of Christmas ago I asked for a pair of 10x42 Swarovski's and have never been sorry! Buy the very best you can afford and maybe even spend a few hundred more than you can afford and you won't have to walk as far and you'll find more game!

I have an older pair of Swarovski 7x42mm Binos and can find game better as well as identify the game better than I can with a pair of 10x40 Leupold Cascades! When I first bought the Cascades it was for my son on his first hunting trip and I thought they had really good glass -- until I compared them with my Swarovski's. A couple of Christmas ago I asked for a pair of 10x42 Swarovski's and have never been sorry! Buy the very best you can afford and maybe even spend a few hundred more than you can afford and you won't have to walk as far and you'll find more game!
agree!

Love my GPO's and have turned two friends onto them. Both are Swaro and Leica users. I'm not saying the GPO's are better, I'm just saying that in my opinion they aren't worth the extra $$$$$$. Buy once and smile forever. Hahaha.

Lecia trinivid or zeiss conquest camera land has the Lecia for $799.00 I believe and zeiss are $1000.00 but usually on sale for $800.00. I have used the Vortex 10x50 and they are not even close to my Lecia 3200. I'm using now. I also was using the Vortex razors gen 1 spotting scope and wasn't happy with it he glass quality and went back to my Kowa 662 and it's much clearer than the original vortex razor. What I'm trying to say go for the glass and not the warranty.
Best,
Jason

For what it's worth I have Ziess 10x40, an older pair but they are still comparable to newer offerings, at least that is what some of my buddies tell me.
But what I tried this year are a pair of image stabilizing binos from Canon, 15x50, which I picked up on Amazon for around your price range. They are a little bulky but I mostly use them to glass heavy brush and timber, and what a difference image stabilization makes to my 68-year-old eyes. They really help eliminate eye strain and muscle fatigue while glassing for long periods.

I have a pair of steiner binoculars that have been through the mud and the blood (so to speak) replaced the rubber eye cups last year. They are awesome and low to no light they are great. Wouldn't want to be without them.