🔴 Scope Specs Table: For 6-24x | 5-25x | 4-20x | 5-30x

JungleShooter

🔴 Scope Specs Table:
For 6-24x | 5-25x | 4-20x | 5-30x 🔴

Do you like scope shopping? I do. 😄

Do you get sometimes confused by the myriad of options, spread over the internets? I do. 😎

Wouldn't it be nice if we could compare the specs of a long range scopes side-by-side? 😉

Then we would be able to see just which scopes are appropriate for out type of shooting, and which fulfill our personal minimum requirements, which scopes have deal-breakers, which have cool extras, and how much each scope costs approx…!

Many of the following questions about scope features are important when scope shopping –

and the attached Scope Specs Tables answer each one of them –

comparing the specs of over 80 long range scopes side-by-side.

🔶 (1) Wouldn't you want to know about what kind of warranty comes with a certain scope?

🔶 (2) What's your choice: FFP or SFP?
And at what magnification is the SFP reticle calibrated?

🔶 (3) Is weight important to you?
Is total length an issue?

🔶 (4) For those really long shots – wouldn't you want to know if a scope has enough elevation turret adjustment so you can reach those ranges?

🔶 (5) Maybe you'd like your reticle to be a grid style ("Christmas tree"). Which models have that feature?

🔶 (6) Are you shooting long range and dial your turrets? Then you'd probably like to know how much one revolution of the turret moves the reticle: a dinky and uneven 6 mil, or a large and round 10 mil.

🔶 (7) Is it important if a scope has an illuminated reticle?

🔶 (8) Some want them thicker, some want them thinner: How thick are the main lines of the reticle?

🔶 (9) Often scope manufacturers don't tell you – but they build scopes where the turrets can't talk to the reticle and vice versa, because they speak different languages: one speaks MOA, the other MIL. Not cool. But no scope seller has a filter to throw those mismatched scopes out of the search results. And how to find scopes quickly that have either MOA or MIL if you have a strong preference?

🔶 (10) Adjusting parallax with a side focus (SF), instead of an adjustable objective (AO) is somewhat more comfortable — the shooter doesn't need to reach way out there. All scopes in the Specs Table have SF.

🔶 (11) Which scopes have exposed turrets?

🔶 (12) For precise holdoffs no matter what load I'd want a holdoff reticle with evenly spaced hash marks/ dots rather than a bullet drop compensating reticle (BDC).

🔶 (13) If you want an all-round scope for your hunt that can both take close shots on a stalk — but also reach way out — then a wide field of view (FoV) is important, not just a high magnification. Which scopes would qualify on both counts?

🔶 (14) The eyebox is the area in which your eye has to be in order to see a full scope image without dark corners. The larger the better, because the quicker you can aim and shot on a hunt. And therefore, the larger the exit pupil at max. magnification should be. What exit pupil sizes do the top five scopes on my wish list have?

🔶 (15) Would you like your reticle hash marks/ dots numbered to quicker find your correct holdoff?

🔶 (16) Some of us like a close parallax distance. Most scopes in the Specs Table have a minimum parallax of 10 yards.

🔶 (17) Some of us like to shoot long range but have kids in college... — and a four digit amount for a scope might not be a wise choice at the current time. So, most scopes in the Specs Table are around $500, some a bit more, some a bit less.

I started this Scope Specs Table to narrow down my options. Maybe it's helpful to you as well! 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment:
Scope Specs Table 6-24x | 5-25x | 4-20x | 5-30x

Attachments

• SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x-1.pdf
    261.7 KB · Views: 126

Recent Posts