“The gunny’s guns”

Sic transit gloria mundi...

Sic transit gloria mundi is a Latin phrase that means "Thus passes the glory of the world.". It has been interpreted as "Worldly things are fleeting.". The phrase was used in the ritual of papal coronation ceremonies between 1409 (when it was used at the coronation of Alexander V) and 1963.

JustMe2 thanks I was scratching my head thinking ***!
Sorry, I thought it was more widely recognized as a quote from Patton, excerpted here: " ...The conquerors rode in a triumphal chariot, the dazed prisoners walking in chains before him. Sometimes his children robed in white stood with him in the chariot or rode the trace horses. A slave stood behind the conqueror holding a golden crown and whispering in his ear a warning: sic transit gloria mundi (all glory is fleeting.)"

I've thought about my stuff also and have come to the conclusion that once I'm dead..
It really doesn't matter?

I think it matters, but once you're dead it's too late to do anything about it. If it's important, put it in a will: "All my firearms, ammo, and related reloading tools go to . . . ."
I know some who while dying of cancer told a brother, friend, etc. "Don't worry, I told my wife that you get XXX." After his death, the wife had other plans.

I know a patton phrase: i don't judge a man by how high he climbs , but how high he bounces after he hits rock bottom"

Not having any kids nor close relatives in the USA, I just assume my wife will sell off everything when I croak. I've left her a list, so maybe she won't get burned too badly! Depends on how greedy she gets or how much of a hurry she's in, I guess. Won't be my worry!
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.