—Official 2024 Predator & Varmint Kills— Post Em Up

Still stacking up raccoons and got a badger with the .223 also. Badger just put his head out of the hole enough. Set 8 traps and got 5 raccoons the other night. Should have had more traps out. Can't keep them away from the bagged corn.

Dying coyote traps today. Won't be long. Crops are starting to come down so I'll probably do some calling.

Attachments

• IMG_2047.jpeg
    IMG_2047.jpeg
    815.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2044.jpeg
    IMG_2044.jpeg
    895.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2043.jpeg
    IMG_2043.jpeg
    895.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2041.jpeg
    IMG_2041.jpeg
    714.5 KB · Views: 35
I'm pretty excited about these kills. I recently had 2 firsts for me. First off I got pics of a solid black coyote on a Wednesday then Friday night went out and called it straight in and shot it at 17 yards. I'm going to make a rug out of it like a bear skin rug. Secondly I was out solo hunting and called in a triple and smoked them all. I couldn't drive my truck to where they were and 3 was too many to drag so I took my boys mini jeep out there and picked them up.

I've said it a Hundred times but I absolutely love this Ruger American Predator 22-250 and Hornady Superformance 50 grn Vmax. It flat lays them down.

Of the triple the first dog was at 160 yards and the second and third were at 300 after I called them backups the holler with hurt pup.

Rifle setup is:
Ruger American Predator 22-250
Magpul Hunter stock
MCarbo trigger spring kit
MDT Bolt Knob
ATN X-Sight 4K Pro 3-14 scope
Sniper Hogg 66LRX light
SilencerCo Omega 300 suppressor
Hornady Superformance 50grn Vmax loads
Death Grip tripod

Also I am running the RIX K2 Pocket thermal scanner. I absolutely can not say enough about how much I love this scanner. It's a 256 resolution but is still plenty clear enough to identify animals. It's very compact and Light weight. It takes standard 18650 flat top batteries instead of a proprietary battery like other companies. It takes video with sound and have several color pallet options.
View attachment 592747View attachment 592748View attachment 592749View attachment 592750View attachment 592751View attachment 592752View attachment 592753
This Black Coyote is pretty Epic for the 2024 thread……probably my favorite..!

Wind was howling last night - crazy gusting so calling wasn't an option. Went driving to check a couple of spots and found this young coyote mousing. The wind was in my favor and covered all my noise so I just walked in the dark towards him. I closed the distance by 250 yards before taking the shot at 175 with the 6 ARC.

IMG_5150.jpeg
IMG_5147.jpeg

No wind Sunday night. Hit an area where I've heard them howling quite a bit before. Lots of vocalizations, but took maybe 20 min for this one to come in. I had stopped the call and was just scanning when I happened to catch some movement.

View attachment 598927View attachment 598928
Nice! My coyote season might be over due to Oregon regs. But I just got invited to a ranch out here to clear out coyotes. So if I can get away I'll be hunting them this winter.