Zen Rays

CleanShot

Hello

I just learned about zen ray binoculars and they seem to be providing amazing values for the price point. Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks

I have the ZRS HD 10x42 and the ZEN ED3 10x43. For the price the ZRS HD's can't be beat!!! The ZEN ED3's are only a slight upgrade from the ZRS HD's, mainly a slight bit better contrast and resolution as well as a slightly larger "sweet spot". They both handle stray light and CA about the same, the ED3's have a slightly larger field of view. I examined a set of Vortex Talon HD's at Cabelas last weekend, but an in-store review only told me so much. The Talon HD's are a direct competitor to the ED3's so I wish I could have taken to the field with them for a better idea of their standing with the other two.

Bottom line, I don't think there is any binocular out there that can compete with the ZRS HD's in the sub $400 category.

I read a lot of hype about the Zen Rays and decided to buy a set. I got some ED2's, 8x for half price. They are truly amazing binoculars. I have a set of Zeiss 10x30 that I take backpacking and the Zen Rays are much clearer to my eyes. For the money they are the best thing out there.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.