Couch11b

Has anyone used the Zeiss V6 5-30? How does it stack up to the other high end scopes in that class? Leupold VX6-hd, Nightforce SHV, and Swarovski? Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you Colby

I have 2 older Zeiss Diavari 6-24x56 and if the V6 is close you won't find better glass. The VX6hd (I have 2 of those as well) will be close but still not as good as Zeiss. Nightforce not even close in glass quality. Swarovski probably is closest. Never had a Swaro but when I have looked through others to compare my eyes preferred Zeiss. I have no doubt the Zeiss V6 is superb glass.
Tracking on the VX6hd and Nightforce is probably a little better and Nightforce turrets at least in the NXS i had are the most positive feel of the bunch. I love the Zero stop of the VX6hd though.
If looking for good hunting glass Zeiss is tops. For tacticle applications, I don't think Zeiss is there yet. Still not the V6 in comparison but here is an interesting comparison for tacticle applications which involved the Diavari 6-24x56.

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2014/09/19/tactical-scopes-field-test-results-summary/

Thank you I was considering either the V6 5-30 or VX6-HD 4-24 I think I'll go with the leupold just to try something I don't have

I have 2 older Zeiss Conquest scopes, and they're phenomenal glass for the money. For the sub-$1,000 range general purpose hunting scopes, I honestly don't think you can beat the Conquest line as far as glass and lens coating quality goes. Under $1000, you can find better scopes that are more suited for LR shooting with more adjustments and better reticles (like the Vortex HS-T & SWFA SS scopes), but as for a general hunting scope, the Zeiss Conquest is, IMO, top-dog. I'd love to try one of those new V6 5-30x50 scopes with the ZBR-1 reticle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.