Zeiss' Customer Service?

ceg1963

Zeiss\' Customer Service?

Hello,

I have a 2 year old Zeiss VM/V that cost $1400.00 new, and it needs help. I emailed the Customer Service Department in Virginia about the problems.

It took two attempts to finally get them to respond. When I finally got a response I was immediately advised of how it probably would be found to be my problem, and to the tune of $800.00, just to run through it and fix it if needed. I was quoted $800.00's without even them seeing my scope. Also, that they might have to send it to Germany for further repairs.

It was dropped, and has some ring marks, all I wanted was to find out if they could check it out just to build my confidence back up.

I am afraid to send it to them now. And if I am going to pay that kind of money to repair a scope, I'd soon buy another Leupold.

Has anyone had similar experiences with Zeiss? What to do?

When I asked for her bosses email, she refused to give it to me. This is jacked!

V/R

CG

Re: Zeiss\' Customer Service?

My experience with Zeiss CS was exactly the opposite of yours. I was treated politely and they promptly and kindly replaced my scope.
Sorry your disappointed...sakofan...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sakofan, that's what I mean. With the money that I payed... you had exactly the experience that I expected. I guess that is what really bothers me the most. Maybe you are kin to Zeiss or something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Well atleast you can damage them by atleast your loss through forums. It's all us unlucky have.
Thanks for the heads up.

Email Zeiss Germany (they speak english)complaining about the service you got, that will send a rocket up some ones rear end and get things sorted out for you, I often play one dept off the other to get things moving. Letr me know if i can be of assistance.
Pete

Re: Zeiss\' Customer Service (Update)

To all:

I just got off the phone with Mr Robert J.W. Siemers, President, Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.

I emailed him, and he returned it promptly, followed up with a personal call to my house.

In short, he apologized and assured me that my situation was not handled correctly from the beginning. He instructed me to box my scope up and ship it straight to him.

Mr Siemers sounds like a great American, Dutch accent and all!

I will do just as he instructed and wait and see.

Thanks all.

Good deal.
I'm sure that a great company like Zeiss will resolve this issue to your satisfaction.

Like I posted earlier, the lady @ Zeiss CS(I don't remember her name)was very nice.
As a matter of fact. My phone call to check on the status of the scope was not needed. The replacement scope had been shipped out the day before my call...sakofan..In all, I think it took 8 days to receieve a brand new replacement from the time I mailed it to them, to having the new one in my hands.

Its not every day the Press calls a customer in ANY big buisness. What a class act!!!
For all those in the market for a Zeiss 4.5-14x50 Conquest I may have the deal for you. $610.99 and free shipping. Deal good until end of June I believe.
http://www.durhamoutdoorsupply.com/brand/zeiss/rscopes/5214909920.html
SWFA will beat that price by $7.91 but I live in Texas so I gota pay tax. Not sure on free shipping from SWFA so if interestd ask.
Hope this helps atleast 1 person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Zeiss\' Customer Service (Update)

Update!!!!!

I just relocated to Alaska this past month. Believe it or not, I had Zeiss' President, Mr Robert Siemers, call me at my house prior to my move here. As I stated in above thread, he apologized for any inconvience and instructed me to send the scope directly to him. We had a great visit on the phone and I believe he was geniune in his conversation. I did just as he instructed. Again, he seems to be a great American.

He politely kept me updated on its progress via email. I cut one of his emails in here.

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Capt. Greene,

Thanks for your service. We have check your scope and it is in good condition.

What we always do, we clean the scope, refill it with new gas and we change the springs in the scopes.

This all done free of charge.

We will send your scope back to AK, to your new address.

Please feel free to call me any time

Best regards,

Robert J.W. Siemers
President
Carl Zeiss Optical, Inc.
13017 N. Kingston Avenue
Chester, VA 23836 USA

Phone: +1 804 530 5840
Fax: +1 804 536 7001

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! I got it back really fast. Man, I am so happy! It is now just as good as the day I bought it.

The quality of work seems excellant. He also sent me a new Zeiss hat, and their excellant lense cleaning kit.

As a matter of fact, I have recently purchased another Zeiss, a Conquest 3X9 for my 375 RUM. I have always used Leupolds in the past, but thought i'd try the Zeiss Conquest. I put the Conquest 3x9 to the test beside my Leupold Vari X III 3x9. At 200 yards, the Leupold struggled in clarity next to the Zeiss. With the Zeiss, you could see way more detail in the target. I'm sold!

After talking with Mr. Siemers, and the way they handled my situation, I am a "now" a loyal and very dedicated Zeiss fan.

v/r

Charles

Hey Charles,

That is really good news and excellent customer service.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.