ZCO owners

The Oregonian

I have heard that ZCO 420's can be tough to fit on defiance actions with limited rail slots, like the Anti-X and Deviant Hunter. I've measured and it looks like it will fit with decent eye relief but hoping others have these actions with a ZCO mounted to confirm. I have XM in Anti-X and long action in Deviant Hunter.

Anyone have any experience with how a ZCO fits? No dealers near me and dont Know anyone with a ZCO. Thanks

Last edited:
I Purchased one for a Defiance Anti XM build. But after mocking it up, I decided to go with another option instead. I was able to mount it with the ZCO rings, but had Zero adjustment for eye relief. If you decide to try it you may get lucky on placement for your situation. I would recommend you go with a narrow set of rings like Badger Ordinance or similar.

I have a ZCO 420 on a Defiance Long Action. Obviously, I have a full rail which makes things easier. I would think if you have the correct LOP on your stock, you should be fine.

20200905_190356.jpg

Don't mean to derail thread but with several ZCO owners here I want to ask (hope OP doesn't mind)…Why did you pick a 420? What did it replace and / or did you also consider? Which reticle did you select? Can you describe what it's like (image quality, how much of the scope body you see, FOV, eye box, etc) when behind the optic. Thank you. Can't get behind one of these locally.

I chose it to replace an F2 ATACR 5-25x56. I have a few F2 4-16x50's and figured this could add a little more magnification. If the F1 4-20 ATACR's didn't tunnel I may have bought one of those, but the mag ring needs the throw lever and that hits my LH bolt. The ZCO mag ring and other controls are a big step up and there is nothing to hit my bolt. Across the board I would say it an improvement in optics, ergos and controls, zoom, etc but you definitely get into diminishing returns in the $2500+ optics market.

Last edited: