Your going your hunt of a lifetome what are you hunting and what rifle are you using ? Mine is easy

I always wanted to hunt and kill a Kodiak browny. But after watching Alaska's guided hunts I can't see killing a critter just for the cape and leaving the rest to lay.
I'd love to get a elk and a Moose.
Browning X Bolt HC Long Range Max in 300 PRC would be my weapon of choice, unless I aquire a 338.
I no longer chase trophies. I kill for food, self defense or removing predators/varmints to protect livestock and farmland. I leave the trophies for those who crave them.

I no longer chase trophies. I kill for food, self defense or removing predators/varmints to protect livestock and farmland. I leave the trophies for those who crave them.
I know the feeling. I'd rather a spike whitetail than a head full of bone. Not saying I won't take one, but the young deer are a lot better eating.

I know the feeling. I'd rather a spike whitetail than a head full of bone. Not saying I won't take one, but the young deer are a lot better eating.
Best tasting deer I have shot was a "deer-of-the-year" whose size was hidden because his head and heart were on one side of a large tree and his give-away tail on the other side of the tree. 180-grain 308 Accubond destroyed his heart and bled him out by by the time I walked the 60-yards up to the deer and was mortified to see how small he was.

Attachments

• IMG_2859.jpeg
    IMG_2859.jpeg
    500.3 KB · Views: 30
Best tasting deer I have shot was a "deer-of-the-year" whose size was hidden because his head and heart were on one side of a large tree and his give-away tail on the other side of the tree. 180-grain 308 Accubond destroyed his heart and bled him out by by the time I walked the 60-yards up to the deer and was mortified to see how small he was.
Now that's funny right there!

That's some of the best of the whitetail. The whole thing is backstrap.

The rifle was an earlier version of my much-modified 308 "deer gun" whose only remaining original part is the Remington Action. After several seasons of threading by flashlight a "top-off" into the internal magazine to replace the round chambered after safely entering my blind, organizing my gear, and opening the window flaps, the rifle is now magazine-fed. I installed Badger Ordnance bottom metal and AI magazines on my other two deer rifles. I also sponge-painted them with my "trademark" Cerakote finish.

Attachments

• IMG_3457.jpeg
    IMG_3457.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 27
200"+ desert mulie in Mexico. 6.5prc

Great goal, in a wonderful land! Tough to do though (especially main frame)......still a great goal.

I'd take Coues over the mulie but that's just me:)

(side note, I guided for coues, muley and desert sheep down there, I loved the Coues the most!)

Last edited:

Recent Posts