Your going your hunt of a lifetome what are you hunting and what rifle are you using ? Mine is easy

I too would go back to Alaska for a large Alaskan moose. I have a nice caribou hanging on the wall from the Mulchantna herd before they tanked from disease. I hunted and passed on legal Dall rams that were not full curls when I was a resident and would like to hunt them again. But a good 60" minimum bull moose is top of the list. I would use my .300 Win Mag or my .338 Win Mag.
Now you'd have to give me your favorite 338 WM load. I have an old M70 Classic that I never shot except for some factory ammo to check it out. Got it used

Last edited:
My dream hunt would have to be returning to Africa for Buffalo and Leopard. Of course we will need some baits to bring in the Leopard....Klipspringer, bush pig, did dik.....the list goes on. To accomplish this, I would be forced to build a switch barrel rifle in 7mm PRC/375 Ruger topped with a Trijicon 1-10. That rifle could easily cover my second dream hunt in Alaska.....then Australia....LOL!

Definitely would be a Stone Sheep hunt. I've wanted to hunt them since I was 8-10yrs old. I'll be 60 in a couple months and with the way that hunt has skyrocketed in price, I'll never make it. My 2nd would be Mtn. Goat here in Nv. This will be my last year to apply since we're moving to E. Tn in the near future. My 28 Nosler is my big game weapon of choice these days.

Did my hunt of a lifetime a few decades ago for African Lion in Botswana….tracked on foot. Would really like to do it again, but not sure it's possible to replicate, due to cost, achieving the same hunt parameters, and…..My "Spring Chicken" days are well behind me…….But…..
If I can pull it off I'd use my same rifle/load..
500-450 H&H Dominion SxS loaded with .458/480gr Woodleigh SP's at 2150FPS.
Lion shot at 21 paces….
AD4B7DF8-B71C-41A1-BDE9-AF6CD54DE57B.jpeg

Nothing too exotic for me.
Two years ago I bow hunted on an OTC tag in CO and got a nice 6x6 bugling bull. Best hunt so far.
This coming year, cause I'm 67 and not getting younger, gonna burn my 26 CO elk preference points on a draw hunt and take my 28Nos on it's maiden hunt shooting 170 HHT's.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.jpeg
    IMG_2395.jpeg
    427.3 KB · Views: 50
My dream hunt is going to happen again hopefully next year .I am going back to alaska where I lived 12 years I was made for that place .I want to hunt moose again and use my 348-378 weathetby accumsrk that was made for wrathetby by Seco in Maine. THAT rifle has shot some .25 groups at 100 yards and 1 inch at 300 yards .I might change my scope but we will see it has a Nikon 6x20 Japanese scope on it but these days I need a 50 mm scope .I have a new 6x24 x50 Nikon 30 mm x50 mm scope that's awesome. I GOTTA get back up there before I get too old .I hope all of yall get to go on your dream hunts too .
My Hill Country Rifles custom Model 70 in 7mm STW...would like to hunt tur and ibex in the 'stans or Mongolia

Now you'd have to give me your favorite 338 WM load. I have an old M70 Classic that I never shot except for some factory ammo to check it out. Got it used
Still playing with different loads, but H4831 and Nosler 250 grain Accubond has been my best. First two shots touch and the third is always 3/4" away. But moose a large. Not the ones here in Wyoming, but the Alaskan moose.

Last edited: