Yote calls (electronic Coyote calls)

ricka0

Can anyone recommend source for yote calls? I used to have a tape of a squealling rabbit 20 years ago but lost it. Tapes, electronic callers,???

BTW - I'll be shooting dogs NW of LA 50 miles - or 50 miles west of Bakesfield CA.
yote country
Last time I was there I saw multiple 4 in a pack yotes with no fear of man.

Thanks Thomas - Correct Varmit Al Earl
I'm not spending $200 bucks from some low end proprietary hardware when all I need is a tape or better yet at Varmit Al's <font color="red"> SIX FREE COYOTE CALLING SOUND DOWNLOADS.... </font>

I have a caller that plays cd's i got for 70 bucks and bought one cd about 20 bucks then found varmintals and downloaded those calls and they work great! Save your cash for a new rifle or extra bullets for them no fear yodel dogs!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks 7RUMloader - I've got all the RUMs except the 7mm - and that's probably the first one I should have bought. But that's the one I'm saving for now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

No problem! When you get that 7 rum email me I have a couple of loads that might interest you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Watch classifieds from a couple of competitor sites. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Good deals /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif but ya gotta be fast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifGeorge

Ricka0,
Take a look on eBay.. There are all types of calls, tapes(old Johnny Stewart types) E-Callers, DVD's, CD's, etc.. Look on your search engine if you want to make a cheap e-call. I made one several years ago that worked quite well for about $25. There's free instructions on You Tube, as well, that show how to build them with a cheap MP-3 player. You can even make it work with a remote.
I generally shoot over 100 Yotes, foxes and raccoons a year, along with a bobcat or two. I like to use calls that are different from the rabbit squeals that most hunters use. I use a FoxPro Fury e-call and an assortment of mouth calls. Sometimes I use a decoy as well. I have a call that I made from an old worthless duck call and a plastic funnel that has always been my Number #1 go-to call. I can howl as well as make all types of squeals and clucks with the reed half of the call glued to the funnel. I take different things like that along when I'm making long solo drives somewhere. I practice making different sounds consistantly. Then, when I'm out after yotes, I try them out. You wouldn't believe how well some of the sounds bring them in on a dead run. Those that don't get any action after trying out several times at different places I quit using. Let me preface all of this by saying that I only use them when my old standard ones aren't working. YOU WILL BE ABSOULUTELY AMAZED AT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'VE GIVEN UP ON A SPOT AND, BEFORE PULLING OUT, YOU TRY SOMETHING TOTALLY OFF THE WALL! I have been surprised on many occaisions when I first started doing this. I can honestly say after over 40 some odd years of predator hunting, nothing surprises me now.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts