xp100 build. its happening..

cowboy717

Ok I've posted before on trying to find xp100s and clone actions. Well my search is now over as I walked into a gun shop the other day and they had three on the shelf. All for good prices so I walked oit with all three. :rolleyes:.
so now to my questions. What would someone build for a first SP to have a rifle scope. Probably with a vortex hslr. Im looking at either an HS or a Russo stock.
I am wanting a short mag possibly on one in the near future. Would that be too much for a first build? Wanting something to varmint shoot and maybe deer. Looking at maybe the 6.5x284 or a 6.5 saum.
Thanks guys.

Congrats on your find:D
Saw your post on SP too. I have an XP in 6.5-.284 and really like it. The 6.5 SAUM would be a good choice too for what you have in mind. You should also take a hard look at the 7mm SAUM. I think that is going to be my next XP build. Lots of flavors, and you have three guns to build on:D

-Mike

I have both cartridges you mentioned:D

Ok I've posted before on trying to find xp100s and clone actions. Well my search is now over as I walked into a gun shop the other day and they had three on the shelf. All for good prices so I walked oit with all three. :rolleyes:.
so now to my questions. What would someone build for a first SP to have a rifle scope. Probably with a vortex hslr. Im looking at either an HS or a Russo stock.
I am wanting a short mag possibly on one in the near future. Would that be too much for a first build? Wanting something to varmint shoot and maybe deer. Looking at maybe the 6.5x284 or a 6.5 saum.
Thanks guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.