Wyoming Mule Deer Hunt

Skidro

My 12 year old son, my Father & myself made the 26 hour drive to Wyoming for our first Mule Deer hunt. We each had a Buck & Doe tag. We were lucky enough to fill all 6 tags. Rifles & Bullets performed perfect with only 6 shots fired. We were using Berger Hunting VLD bullets. It was a perfect trip & we would love to do it again. Thanks for looking. Skidro

082.jpg

083.jpg

076.jpg

079.jpg

047.jpg

Northeast Wyoming Unit#2. 5 were taken with my Young's built 7mm Rem 168 hunting VLD 3 of those were DRT & 2 ran about 20 yards each. They were taken between 250 & 400 yards. The other was taken with a Savage FCP 300 Win Mag 210 Hunting VLD & it was DRT the shot was 400 yards.

Someone's private land that you know? Or was it outfitters lease land? A mule deer like that is a dream hunt for me. I'm hoping to get to go in the next couple years. I don't know if I can get a buck like that on public, but that probably all I'll be able to afford.

Great job by the way. All great looking bucks.

Someone's private land that you know? Or was it outfitters lease land? A mule deer like that is a dream hunt for me. I'm hoping to get to go in the next couple years. I don't know if I can get a buck like that on public, but that probably all I'll be able to afford.

Great job by the way. All great looking bucks.

It is a rancher that charges hunters to hunt his place but he does not guide. He just showed us his property boundaries & turned us loose. He had a small bunkhouse for us to stay in.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.