Wyoming elk hunt

This is all crazy to me. I guess I don't live there and don't really pay that much attention to it. It still doesn't compare to New Mexico though. It's a crap shoot every year there. Only chance I see getting a tag in New Mexico is to buy a landowner tag.

I'm going to call some of the outfitters y'all have given me and go from there. I also been in contact with a couple others. But it was before this last winter that killed off a lot of the deer. Also going to go back and look into Colorado again. I hunted there a few times before.

I can recommend Non-Typical Outfitters (NTO). LRH has used them for multiple group hunts. Very good outfitter, great personal up and down the line. great horses, beautiful area too. You will find plenty of positives reviews on this forum without much effort.

Myself, my son and my nephew hunted with in 2022 and I spent part the time going home trying to figure out a way to get back with again... I'm back on the point buying wagon.

The big difference is you can buy a tag over the counter in Colorado as a non-resident. Almost everywhere else you have some kind of drawing to deal with.
I could be wrong but from what I just read the other day; Colorado is thinking about doing away with the over the counter tags.....JRY

They did that for resident and nonresident OTC archery tags around Grand Mesa to limit hunter overcrowding. Otherwise, you can still buy an OTC elk tag in Colorado.

Hopefully for the next season structure we see OTC end here in Colorado. Its being considered right now. It's turned into an overcrowded disaster but CPW is addicted to those non-res dollars.

I can recommend Non-Typical Outfitters (NTO). LRH has used them for multiple group hunts. Very good outfitter, great personal up and down the line. great horses, beautiful area too. You will find plenty of positives reviews on this forum without much effort.

Myself, my son and my nephew hunted with in 2022 and I spent part the time going home trying to figure out a way to get back with again... I'm back on the point buying wagon.
I hunted the same hunt with NTO Outfitters as claybreaker. Just a different camp. Wrote a story of my hunt with them here. Agree with everything claybreaker said. One of the best parts was actually meeting claybreaker and son and nephew. Made a great friend. NTO is Top Notch!!!!!