Wyoming elk hunt

I have been putting in for points. Some units are high points areas. Trying to stay away from those areas. Also putting in for deer points. Just more looking for suggestions on areas and outfitters.

5 to 6 will be the number it takes to draw this year.

At 3 you'll never catch up to the point creep.

There's 163k in line in front of you.

There are old fat guys out there with max, or near max points that can't hunt now that might point share with you if paid for their license, and points.

There are old fat guys out there with max, or near max points that can't hunt now that might point share with you if paid for their license, and points.

That's crazy! I guess I need to start looking elsewhere.

You might draw a general "Special Tag".

Nonresident Special Elk License. Wyoming statute sets aside 40% of nonresident elk licenses for applicants paying a higher fee. Applicants who pay the extra.

It is a more expensive... a lot more

FYI in 2024 Wyoming Elk General license will change for non residents. They are breaking the state into 3 regions and each region is allotted a certain amount of tags. This may change how many points a NR hunting in a General tag unit will need.

I wondered what the special elk license meant. Thanks for the info!
FYI in 2024 Wyoming Elk General license will change for non residents. They are breaking the state into 3 regions and each region is allotted a certain amount of tags. This may change how many points a NR hunting in a General tag unit will need.
From what I read on this 3 regions is it will be easier to draw. Am I correct on that?

It's going to depend on region. Eastern should be a real easy draw, southern and western will probably keep trending in the same direction they have been but then throw the new special price in and western region, regular draw may become a 8 point tag in the not so distant future.