• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB NIB/NOS Win M70 Stealth .243 Win

copperking81

I'm looking for a Winchester Model 70 Stealth in .243 Win. Winchester made a run of these in Controlled Round Feed and a black 26 inch bull barrel. I'd like to track one down that is still NIB.

If you have one and would be interested in selling it, drop me a PM.

Unfortunately these were made during Winchester's genius wssm phase. I had been watching gunbroker for one of these myself for quite a while and all I ever saw was the wonderful super shorts that apparently nobody wanted to keep. I told my cousin that bought a 243 wssm in the day that he had bought the rifle equivilant of new Coke.

Unfortunately these were made during Winchester's genius wssm phase. I had been watching gunbroker for one of these myself for quite a while and all I ever saw was the wonderful super shorts that apparently nobody wanted to keep. I told my cousin that bought a 243 wssm in the day that he had bought the rifle equivilant of new Coke.

Yeah, they're uncommon but they're out there and surface from time to time. I'm not a fan of the wssm's either.

Some of the people listing them don't know to call them the Stealth. Be creative in your gunbroker searches. I have found some under varmint and heavy barrel that didn't show up under a search for model 70 stealth. My problem is they only make an appearance in 243 win or 220 swift when I am low on funds. Good luck, I had one in a 22-250 once and all I ever did was wish it was a 243.I traded it for a Remington VLS in 243 and haven't been sorry. I like model 70s and I love the 243. It's a shame Winchester doesn't offer more varmint and short action options.

Some of the people listing them don't know to call them the Stealth. Be creative in your gunbroker searches. I have found some under varmint and heavy barrel that didn't show up under a search for model 70 stealth. My problem is they only make an appearance in 243 win or 220 swift when I am low on funds. Good luck, I had one in a 22-250 once and all I ever did was wish it was a 243.I traded it for a Remington VLS in 243 and haven't been sorry. I like model 70s and I love the 243. It's a shame Winchester doesn't offer more varmint and short action options.

I get what you're saying. I've learned that creative searching unearths stuff from time to time :)

And it is a crying shame Winchester doesn't offer more options in their Model 70 line. So much potential there...

The HBV the Stealth's predecessor was a better gun in my opinion. They were heavy, but they were shooters. I have all six calibers they came in.

Gary's correct in my opinion. Stealth took the place of the HBV or "HEAVY VARMINT" made n the early to mid 90's.

The Heavy Varmint's came from Winchester with a Wilson barrel & HS Precision stock, same barrel as on Cooper's. In the latter 90's, some were made with a fluted barrel. My buddy bought one on GB 3 weeks ago in 243 with a fluted barrel for $825. I bought a 220 Swift 4 weeks ago LNIB for $950.

IMO, these are so much better than the Stealth & you can do wonders with the trigger. They are just awesome shooters!

Gary, if you lived close to me, I'd want to steal your HBV 222 you lucky dog.

JD222

The 222 was the last one I found. That was about 10 yrs. ago. Paid 1000.00 for it , that was a little much in my opinion but I wanted it. There for awhile you could pick up shot out 22/250's for around 400.00. I did that an rebarreled them to 260 Rem. and 7mm/08.