• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED WTB 6.5-284 or 280ackly

I haven't been here long but isn't this supposed to be a site that gives info to everyone?? If all you do is send private messages to each other, how are WE supposed to get any in case WE want to either build one or have one built?? As a matter of fact I have thought about the same delima for a while and that's why I clicked on this post, I thought there might be just the right info to make up my mind. I guess that's what I get for thinking.. So how about someone who has had and used both give us their insite into which one is either best or at least how good or bad each is.
I'm sorry if I ruffeled any feathers and if my input isn't on point but that's just me.

Thanks and I DO like the site and most of the time I do get my questions answered so keep up the great work.

Poleokgun)

Poleok--
This is a CLASSIFIED section for the sale of guns...hence the WTB (wanted to buy) prefix of the post. What Big Al is asking the forum population is if there is anyone with a 280 Ackley or 6.5x284 for sale that he can get for his wife. Therein lies the amount of PMs sent to Big Al, telling him what people have to offer.

My suggestion is that if you are looking for advice on what to build or buy, post it in the Gunsmithing, Rifles Barrels and Ballistics, or Long Range Hunting section of this site.

Re: WTB 6.5-284 or 280ackley

I have a Rem. 700, SS, Sendero that has been rebarreled to 280AI, long action, Pac-Nor SS match bbl. in a heavy contour, H S Precision stock, Jewel HVR trigger, Holland muzzle brake, Burris one piece base, Burris 4-16x44 Signature scope. This was smithed by Darrel Holland in Powers, OR. Action has been blue printed and Jewel trigger set to 16 oz. Has approx. 300 rounds down the bbl. To include 100 plus pcs. of Norma fire formed brass that has been neck turned and prepped for match. Also have additional fire formed brass of other manufacturers. Also 3 pc. Redding die set and Wilson seating die for 280AI. This is an extremely accurate rifle that is a real reach out and touch 'em rifle. $2200 FFL to FFL. I have more than this invested. This price is firm. MTG