Woman trampled to death by an elk in Arizona

Perhaps she wanted to inform like minded people such as herself. I hope she used that post to weed out the unlike minded from her social circle.
She did let them know the perils of relocating problem animals to someone elses backyard, along with the idea that we don't give them a second chance at doing it again when nobody sees them.

An Arizona woman has died more than a week after she was trampled by elk near outside her home, wildlife officials said Tuesday.

The woman, who has not been named, died eight days after being attacked by an animal on her property in the remote Pine Lake community in the Hualapai Mountains, 15 miles southeast of Kingman.

The department said it was believed to be the first fatal elk attack in the state's history. There have been five attacks recorded in the last five years, it said.

The Arizona Game and Fish Department said in a statement that the woman's husband found her on the ground in the couple's back yard at 6 p.m. on October 26, "with injuries consistent with being trampled by an elk."

Nearby was a bucket of spilled corn nearby, the department said, prompting it to repeat long-made warnings that the public should not feed elk or other large animals.

The woman was taken to a hospital in Las Vegas and placed in a medically-induced coma. She died on November 3. The Clark County Medical Examiner's office determined the death to be an accident.

The Game and Fish Department visited the property on October 28 to hand signs warning people not to feed or approach any elk.

The department said that when they are fed wildlife they can become accustomed to being around humans — which can lead to attacks and injuries. In 2015, two children received minor injuries after elk circled a picnic table in the Hualapai Mountains. In 2021, a woman received serious head injuries from an elk that had become habituated to humans in Pine.

"The public is urged to help keep wildlife wild. Wildlife that are fed by people, or that get food sources from items such as unsecured garbage or pet food, lose their natural fear of humans and become dependent on unnatural food sources," the department said in its statement.

"Feeding puts at risk the person doing the feeding, their neighbors, and the wildlife itself. Please do not feed wildlife."
Was she trying to take a selfie with it? Unfortunate but wild animals are just that.

Bears around my farm in Hyde County NC must be being fed by some of the lefties that have moved in down the road. I have had three bear incidents this year with bears following me and coming within 5 yards. Even after hitting them int he body and head with thrown small branches, they continue to come forward. I have videoed most of these events just to protect myself if I have to shoot one in self defense. People feeding wildlife and teaching them not to fear humans is a real issue.

I wish this bimbo would have gotten flattened, except that the bison would be euthanized. Should be the other way around, or at least sterilize her so she doesn't breed.

Do park officials not have arrest authority? Unfortunately, I think it`ll take several tramplings and/or gorings . Can/should they not close a park and publicize why they are doing it? Obviously what`s in play now as far as regulations are concerned isn`t working.

Do park officials not have arrest authority? Unfortunately, I think it`ll take several tramplings and/or gorings . Can/should they not close a park and publicize why they are doing it? Obviously what`s in play now as far as regulations are concerned isn`t working.
They issue tickets to violators but the park is big and rangers are few and far in between. There are usually several gorings a year, enough that the warning sign shows a tourist flying thru the air.
bison.jpg

And the other incident in Arizona of a full grown adult having coffee and a black bear drug him off into the forest and killed him. I would suspect this bear may have had human contact as well.