Winter type workout

Today I hiked 2 miles at a slow pace at -40c,,, then did a few stretches. It's tuff to keep moving when it's kold...

But we sometimes have to force our selves to stay in the game...

Change things up a bit,,, cardio 1 day,,, stretch and flex the next,,, take a day off to do something out side...

I'm on the go at work and home life,,, but I have to keep moving no matter what,,, my weigth is in check,,, now its the life long adventure of keeping it that way...

Cheers from the North

220 - age,,, then try to target the upper limit,,, heart rate 140 ish is mine,,, between 90 to 140 ish so I'll aim for 138 for 20 - 30 minutes on the trade mill...

Lots of slow stretches after with cardio...

Then hit the machines with """nill""" for weight doing 10 reps of 3 sets,,, the trick for """me""" is getting the brain trained to find the """100%""" proper work-out form...

No need having a set back...

Then tommrow I'll do the out-door walk and stretches like yesterday so I get change-ups so I'm doing something different everyday,,,

Gym,,, out-doors,,, of course this is adding the above stuff into archery & ice-fishing,,, I get to move heavy iron drilling rigs up here in the far North,,, 88 to 90% driving with 10 to 12%boots on the ground,,, Ha...

Now that I age-ing I take the time to stop alot more and do things out-side the cab for exercises... Of course I work wize with out wearing the body down less the heavy lifting...

Pack less and do more trips back~forth to retrieve the rigging,,, the extra miles on my boots is good... The trick to this is being ahead of the game by at least 2 hours... Ha...

Get up early,,, plan ahead with change-ups if they occur,,, and take in the day with a positive mind and Grin... Ha...

Cheers from the North as I grab another gear into getting moving.

Man oh man did I get schooled yesterday,,, I guess my heart rate of 138 ish is not a good zone to start out at...

The Gal got me to plug away at 60% of my max,,, 105 even and steady,,, this same pace will continue for 3 to 4 days,,, she calls it the break in period... Ha...

"""If""" I see a blood pressure drop at the pace we have set,,, then I can step it up from there... Its kind of like breaking in the rebuilt motor in a old car,,, a real old car that is... Ha...

Here I though I was in real good shape,,, now I find out that I'm not that young dude I thought I was...

More to follow unless this 105 category does me in...

Pal Don reporting from above the dirt """so far.""" LOL

Up and att'em early to hit the gym,,, I tapped it kool at first with each work out...

Easy going in the first set,,, doubled it up in set 2,,, added 1/8th of weight for the 3rd...

Of course this was after I did my 20 minute warm up... Ha... The old horse needs alooooong time to get moving... Ha...

Off to work for the day,,, a chance to relax tonight,,, then back to the gym for the stretches and proper forum building...

Did I mention that I did some archery practic today...

If I work out correctly,,, my body reaps the rewards... So slow and steady is on track for week 3,,, it won't be long before I step it up a notch...

One thing I've noticed,,, my recoupp-ing time between the Reps is alot shorter,,, it was 4 to 5 minutes when I started,,, now its a flat 3 minutes before I hit it again...

And my distance walking and biking is 2 X's that when I first started...

Cheers from the North

This is a great way to loosen up,,, change it up so we can Sloooooowly get into the Grove... Ha... My half worn out body dosen't like 1/2 of these stretches,,, so I do the best I can to push the """edges""" of them with out over doing it...

Start off with a easy walk and some stairs for a warm up,,, then tap it kool on them flex / stretches... Breathing is a full time task... Ha.

Start of slow and steady with options to do some of them threw out the day... Then rap up the night with 1 more round.

If your body says no. Don't go over board. Stay away from stretches that cause pain...

Top 21 Stretches.

Cheers from the North

What do you fitness gurus do in the winter for workouts besides hit the gym and lift? Treadmill? If so, just run? Walk on incline? step machine?

Looking for something else to do besides walk on incline for 30min-60min
I do something that mentally and physically sucks everyday. And the winter here in the westide of Washington state gives me ample opportunity to do just that.
Krav Maga everyday. Trail run 5 miles uphill everyday in the rain or snow, nastier the better. Lift everyday. Jump in the Columbia River twice a week. My life sucks and would recommend it to everyone.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.