Winchester Staball HD Load Data

VarmitBob I just had a custom turret for my Leupold made last year and hoping I could stay with 180 gr and 2960 fps range.
I may go in another direction.I like Hammers and may work up a load with them since Accubonds are hard to find right now and expensive when found.

Hey skipglo 162 on the chart!Have a good one all!

Last edited:
I was able to get out and do some velocity tests with the Staball HD yesterday in the 300 RUM. With a 190 gr ABLR and 91 grains of powder muzzle velocity was 3030fps. Out of 5 shots the extreme spread was 7 and no pressure signs. I'm going to try to keep working up and see if I can get the velocity up a bit. This is on a new rifle so I hope the velocity will come up a little there after barrel break in. Looks promising so far
Just found a pound today for my RUM's. Following.

I finally found a couple lbs 😁 going to be trying it in my 27 Sherman mag and 150 SBD2s here soon.

20230722_104801.jpg

Any updates on this powder? Thinking about picking up an 8lb jug but I've never tried it. I'll be loading it in a 300winmag with 215 hybrids and 212eldx. Currently shooting magpro but the temp stability makes me want to try the staballHD.

I tried this in my 6.5 SAUM and lost so much velocity that it wasn't usable for me. This was compared to RL26. RL 26 could get me up to 2900 fps with 156 bergers but the rifle likes something in the low 2800s. Winchester HD was never going to make it for me unless I went way over recommended max charge wt. If you want to try it because others have had some success, I would highly recommend you try something less than an 8 lb purchase.
If you lived closer, I would give you 1/2 pound to try because I started with four 1#s of the HD. I'm running H1000 with my 300 WM and 215 Bergers and like that combination. RL26 with the 300 WM with the 215s would be a close second. If you were running lighter bullets RL23 might work but probably not with the 212 ELDX. The HD grouped well for me with the 6.5 SAUM but losing 150 fps for the same group size seemed like a poor trade. I don't currently have an application for the HD so the powder will likely sit on my shelf for an extended time unless I stumble across someone local that wants it.