Wilson combat thoughts??

TriggerYANKEE

I recently purchased a Wilson Combat Super Sniper 20" barrel for my AR. It's chambered in .223 Wylde. 1in8 twist. Stainless. Complete with a Youngs National match BCG, Mega Arms billet side charger & JP enterprise 15.5" handrail. Anyone have any experience with these barrels? Haven't had a chance to shoot this yet.

I have a wilson combat super sniper with the same barrel you have. I have shot 70 grain black hills ammo in .223 and 77grain in 5.56. The .223 will print .75 moa at 100 yds and the 5.56 wil print slightly above .50 moa at 100. My boy uses it on coyote hunts, sometimes I have to limit how many shells he puts in his mag :D but he likes it. Me personally, I'll stick to the bolt gun.gun)

I don't know what you have invested in yours, but mine has a Colt LE6920 M4 .223/5.56 with a Geissele SSA-E trigger and a White Oaks Armament 18" varmint upper that I had WOA flute. I put a Bushnell AR/223 scope with 4.5-18x40mm zoom on top of Warne Ultra High QD Aluminum rings.

After shooting twice to sight in the scope ( 2 shots very lucky ) I shot 5 shots with Sierra 65 gr. Game Kings left over from another upper. This is the 5 shot group at 100 yds. Then I shot five 69 gr. Match Kings and that group was about .375".

joseph

Attachments

• 100 yd. target .JPG
    100 yd. target .JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 236
  • colt lower with WOA upper .JPG
    colt lower with WOA upper .JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 233
I don't have in mine nearly as much as you might think. I got it for a song from a friend that had it for a long time, never mounted a scope, and never shot it. Got it for less than half of what Wilsons web site indicates they sell for. I got a couple of 50 count boxes of seconds in each .223 and 5.56. Most of the predator hunting we do is pretty close quarters and .5 to .75 is adequate. For longer shots my custom 22-250 is put into service.(those are the ones I get to shoot, otherwise I'm usually behind a camera) I reload for my 22-250 and 77 grain Noslers and 69 grain SMK's will both shoot one little ragged hole when I do my part. I will reload for the Super Sniper in the future but don't right now. Personally I perfer to shoot a bolt gun but couldn't pass on the deal, and my boy thinks its cool. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.