Why Your Custom Builder

East Texas
Check out Alamo Precision Rifles in the DFW area. They do excellent work and are good guys to work with. They have done a .223 M700 / Krieger rifle for me that shoots sub .5 MOA with factory ammo out to 400 yards (farthest I have taken it so far) and I am having them rebarrel my M700 7mm mag.

That is only reality if you can get all of your parts from in stock inventory. Two years ago I was just over 6 months for barrels and a 12-14 months on stocks and 8-10 months on actions IF there were no snafus!!
Agree,
8 months on a manners stock, 6 months on a reamer from JGS, rest of the part were not as bad though. smith has all the parts so we will see how long it takes to put together. Last I heard was should be any time but I'm not going to be pushy. Rather it be right the first time.

Started pondering a 2020 project. When it comes down to it I have the knowledge base and can obtain/borrow tools to build my next long gun.
Had a conversation with my custom builder and decided to go that route.
My question for you ladies & gentlemen, what does your builder provide you that makes you willing to wait 9 months to a year-and-a-half for that build?
The quality of the work trumps everything for me.

My builder provides me his personal advice and communication when putting together the build sheet, parts and even developing loads. And his company's work is top notch. I just think of it like buying a suppressor, pay the down payment and then try to forget about it until they call me!

When I ordered my 375AM I knew there was a wait. It is a total custom build to exactly what I wanted. I had a fair bit of custom things that are not run of the mill so I knew it was going to be a long wait. What I was ordering is not available anywhere else. I have other guns to shoot that are factory so a pure custom is worth waiting for to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.