Who's tricked out a 10/22, LR with 60gr aguila Sniper sub-sonic

Coyboy

Who\'s tricked out a 10/22, LR with 60gr aguila Sniper sub-sonic

Brownells sells a barrel with a 9 twist specifically for this Aguila 60gr load.

Anyone try this barrel?

Anyone shot these bullets in a 16 twist?

How did they work?

I'm Looking to build a 300 yard plinker.

Anyone played with the 17 Aguila round? Do you like it?

Re: Who\'s tricked out a 10/22, LR with 60gr aguila Sniper sub-sonic

I have used the 60 gr. ammo in my silenced 10-22 it is very accurate but it won't make a 300 yd gun.

If you want a good 300 yard gun that low noise try the 338whisper. I played with a friends who didnt put alot of money out to build it and it shoots pretty good. I order a custom action and all the works for my build should get it in a few weeks ill let u know how it works.
Im a 22LR fan i tryed 10/22 for long range i have 4 with all diff builds. had little luck 200 yards is the limt i think. Also played with it in a bolt much better. the biggest thing to over come is a 22LR bullet has a BC of .095 that plus the ammo all had high ES. at 50 and 100 yards good groups pass that my groups would start to form a staight line. yes i used lapua and eley ammo the eley worked the best for me. if you want to know more on the 22LR just ask ive played alot with it.

I shoot the 60gr Aguila in my factory Ruger K77 / 22 VBZ (24" barrel with 1:16 RH twist) and it stabilizes the bullet no problem, it's just that accuracy isn't as good as the Federal Gold Medal Ultra Match.

Bullet drop is about 8" at 100 yards when sighted for Zero at 25 yards. Accuracy is acceptable (right at 1" or so). Never checked for B.C., but I assume it has to better than any of the other .22LR ammo. Wind drift is definitely minimal compared to other match ammo, approximately 1/3 less drift.

I use them at my uncle's horse farm for shooting ground squirrels right in the pastures with the horses. I can clap my hands louder than the report. I only do head shots and so far my longest shot is 72 yards (paced). That might not sound far, but try to hit something the size of a nickel (approx 1/2") at that range.

Thanks for the info guys.

The reason I got started on this was from a guy I paled around with out in CO. He had a browning pistol with a custom barrel and 4X leopold. He set it up with a turret with yardages out to 250 in 10 yard increments. We went out to a ranchers place to pop some pdog, using cheap remington ammo, after playing with it at the Whitington center. I managed to shoot 3 pdogs at a lazer measured 120 yards, 134 yards, and 150 yards. (not all first shot hits, resting on trucks side mirror.) We had a blast, and I was thinking maybe this 60 grain stuff could make it a bit further in a rifle. Terrminal performance was not impressive at this range, it usually resulted in a bloodied hole entrance, or a 30 second praire dance. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

My 10/22 keyholed most of the rounds at 25 yards.

I like the idea. I want to try a build just like you're talking about...someday$$$$$$$

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.