Who's got a 300 RUM, Retumbo 200 gr ttsx load?

bearhntr,

The link I posted for you has been on my computer for at least 3 years. Are you a Barnes copper club member?
I would look in my copy of Barnes manual 4 for a load, but a friend has it right now. I'll stop by his place tomorrow and see if there is a load your looking for in it.
Jeff

Not a member of the copper club. Glad you sent that cause I was extrapolating about a 95 grain max.

In the Barnes reloading manual under the 180gr TTSX they call for a max powder charge of 93gr of Retumbo. But whats funny in the nosler book with the 180gr accubond they call for a max of like 100gr of Retumbo.

Depends on the rifle twist you have I feel you won't get the full potential of the round with a 200 garin bullet. What do you intend to hunt with a 200 grain bullet? I bought a Remington 700 w/a heavy barrel 26" long. I only hunt Deer with, it using 88.0 grains of IMR-4831 and a 150 grain Sierra spitzer bullet and it is shooting between 3100 and 3200 FPS and I have killed Deer out to 500 yards from a solid rest. At the rifle range It shoots 3 shots into almost one hole @100 if I do everything right. Lou

Dont know about the ttsx but i load 200grain accubonds/94grns of Retumbo. Max was like 96 or higher but 94 shot the best for me. Anyway, might be a place to start

Bearhntr,

Looked in my copy of Barnes manual 4 and it says 86gr MAX for Retumbo with 200gr TSX. They show 2950fps out of 24 inch barrel.

Thanks, seems kind of low I shoot tsx's in three other rifles and have never seen the max that far off of other bullets of the same weight. Guess I'll work up slowly. Thanks everyone. Doesn't anyone actually shoot these bullets?

I shoot them, here is list of ones I use or have tried.
404 Jeffrey- 400 gr tsx

2 Different- 375H&H- 300 GR TSX , 270 GR TSX(preferred loading) 2800fps with barnes max load, 235 gr TSX-3000fps with max load

375 ruger- 235 and 270 gr TSX

416 Rigby - 350 gr TSX - 2 Cape Buffalo with this combo, 2600 fps 3 grains below max listing. Figured that was enough speed and load was acccurate in my rifle.

2 Different 300 winmag's, 165, 168, and 180 tsx, and 180 gr ttsx loaded to 3000 fps and this load shoots cloverleafs when I do my part.

30-06 - 165 and 168 tsx.

Going to try some 225 TTSX in 338RUM when gunsmith gets it finished and delivered to me.

Have had good luck with them and they seem to shoot accurately in everything.
As far as the reputation for fouling, haven't had a problem. Just do regular cleaning routine.

Good luck with them in your 300rum, think you will like them.

Jeff

I meant the 200 gr tipped specifically. I figured they'd be more popular with people on this site due to the popularity of the 30 caliber and it is the highest bc bullet for that caliber by barnes.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.