Whittington Center - Precision Long Range Course

COBigJohn

Has anyone on here dropped the coins for the Precision Long Range Course at the NRA Whittington Center, outside of Raton, NM?

$1,000 plus expenses is a chunk of change, but are these three-day courses worth the investment?

Hello,

While I cannot offer you any direct experience in regards to that course you are referring to; I can maybe offer some advice.

Jon Weiler has been shooting ELR since before it was the cool thing to do. He is considered a magician with a Barrett BMG weapon system.

What part of CO are you located in? Is Raton the closest place you have found that offers a course you are interested in? What is your experience level in regards to long range precision shooting?

I only ask because there are lots of courses/training in CO and the surrounding areas (depending on where you are actually located). Also I have always found it more beneficial to travel to training courses rather than local courses when skill levels need to go from moderate to intermediate-advanced. Spend less travel money, etc and learn the basics locally if possible and then spend the money going to non local training once you have skill set in which you can get more bang for your buck by being able to have that "high powered" instructor be able to spend their time teaching stuff you could not get from local instructor(s).

THEIS

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts