Which barrel 280 ai build

SO I HUNT

I'm looking to take my son in laws rifle and have it rebarreled while he is deployed. His rifle is a Legendary Arms 280 ai and it shoots okay. I'm far from being rich myself so any help on selecting a barrel would be great.
Wants:
Same caliber 280 ai (already has everything for reloading) (no heavy barrel)
Just changing barrel out and using everything else.

Barrels are all fairly close right now price for the on own brands. I would just order a Bartlein which is normally stocked by several retailers. Maybe a 3 contour when crowns at .670" and a 9 twist for most bullets but 8 twist if he wants to shoot the new long high b.c. bullets.

I would see if you can get a barrel contoured to fit back in the stock so the reveal on the barrel channel looks good

Had PacNor re-barrel my sons rem. sps 270 in 280ai. They contoured barrel to original factory barrel. 1 in 9 twist 25 inch. The gun shoots 160AB, 162 ELDM and 175 elite hunters 1/2 MOA. Really is amazing how well it shoots out to 1100 yards for what is invested in it. With Timney trigger and Mcmillan Gamescout stock(not bedded) he has $1600 in it. Also, just using $35 RCBS dies.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.