When it's about dating my daughters....

I said nothing. When they were teens, anytime a new boy came over, I made sure I was cleaning a couple of pistols and acouple of AR's. No need for words!
I used to do that same thing when my daughters were going on a date. One of them came over, while I was cleaning a rifle, to introduce himself and started talking about moose and caribou hunting. After a about a half hour, my daughter was upset. He was a good kid, but my daughter never dated him again.

A long time ago, my oldest got in a pretty heated argument with the boyfriend at the time. He was losing, badly. So he told her, "I'm so mad at you, I could hit you...."

She called me after, and I was waiting for more details. Wasn't a happy Dad. I was getting ready to go hunting, though.

She said she was speechless at first, couldn't believe he could be that

STUPID

When she recovered from her shock from his threat?

"Did you forget who my Dad is? Go ahead, take your best shot!!!!"

Thus ended the conversation, and relationship.

I used to do that same thing when my daughters were going on a date. One of them came over, while I was cleaning a rifle, to introduce himself and started talking about moose and caribou hunting. After a about a half hour, my daughter was upset. He was a good kid, but my daughter never dated him again.
The boys were always impressed and wanted to know more, but in the back of their mind, there was that picture of me and my firearms. Thats all I wanted them to remember.

As far that boy and your daughter, I guess there were not right for each other. Good thing they found out early.

Last edited:
Back before my divorce, ex's daughter was a handful. She would try her hand at lying about little things. So in a fit of desperation I installed a parent app on her cell phone. She let a boy convince her to meet him at McDonald's for breakfast before school. I let it play out and since I worked 3rd shift, the morning arrived and I took off early. Beat them to the Micky D's and parked in the grocery store parking lot and hid in the dining room of the restaurant. They both arrived, kissed in the parking lot, headed in and went to order. I strolled up behind them and waited and listened, when they had incriminated themselves, ordered and he paid, I spoke up and told the cashier they weren't going to be needing that order but you can keep the money. I walked them outside and to his truck and asked him exactly what he was planning on doing? I also reminded him that I was behind them the entire time and to not lie to me. He sheepishly told me and I told him that if he came around my daughter again that his parents wouldn't find enough to bury and to make sure that he let's everyone know exactly how unhinged I am. Needless to say, I never had any issues after that.

Thankfully, she is no longer my problem to deal with.

Back before my divorce, ex's daughter was a handful. She would try her hand at lying about little things. So in a fit of desperation I installed a parent app on her cell phone. She let a boy convince her to meet him at McDonald's for breakfast before school. I let it play out and since I worked 3rd shift, the morning arrived and I took off early. Beat them to the Micky D's and parked in the grocery store parking lot and hid in the dining room of the restaurant. They both arrived, kissed in the parking lot, headed in and went to order. I strolled up behind them and waited and listened, when they had incriminated themselves, ordered and he paid, I spoke up and told the cashier they weren't going to be needing that order but you can keep the money. I walked them outside and to his truck and asked him exactly what he was planning on doing? I also reminded him that I was behind them the entire time and to not lie to me. He sheepishly told me and I told him that if he came around my daughter again that his parents wouldn't find enough to bury and to make sure that he let's everyone know exactly how unhinged I am. Needless to say, I never had any issues after that.

Thankfully, she is no longer my problem to deal with.
I love being a Dad. Even more if it's possible, I love being a Grandpa. The latter allows me to spoil (within reason) without guilt. I have also been a surrogate Dad to several with mixed results. That's tricky. It's one thing when you and your rules and beliefs are well known. Something else when they seek the protection, but don't feel obligated to follow the narrow path. I always encouraged my girls to make their own decisions. I also required them to shoulder the responsibility of those decisions. So, if you want to touch the hot stove, don't whine when you get burnt. My girls are stuck with me, surrogates, not so much. My girls know better than to play in traffic too. Still, when asked, I step up. I have found both horses and dogs can help heal young people struggling. I have learned that teaching by living the example works best, that some required far more "instruction" than others, and the devastating damage done by manipulative people. The latter group should avoid me. I will go out of my way to expose and end them, permanently. I rate them below drug dealers and pedophiles, two other classes I feel make poor fertilizer as their only value.

My son has a shirt:
I have 2 daughters, you can't scare me....
One my favorites. Covers every subject too

1659368874420.png

Mine includes things you should not do
Oh I covered that in a previous post called "True story"
A Daddy's 10 rules for dating my daughters.
It has a rather long follow up story I haven't posted yet, of what happens when boys ignored my warnings....

Recent Posts