When Bored With A Creedmoor 🤔

Zen Archery

Neck it out to a .277 caliber and throw a 40° shoulder.
1F88DD0B-578E-4DDA-BB7B-FA238D304B0A.jpeg

Nice job! This should make a nice hog gun.

I've used the trusty long barrel 270 win for years on hogs on feeders in Texas. I learned that the heavies 140 and above were blow throughs and they run off a short distance. We never go after Hog Zilla. Sub 250 lbs are easier to deal with... Feral pigs are good eaters especially like the 100's. Inject and smoke the hams. HP or lighter like 130 and subs were best.

Why not just get a 270 WSM? Blow the CM out of the water.
Why not build a fast twist .270 Ackley Improved "AND" and……blow them away!!?????? Nobody (well mostly nobody, there are a few smart ones) ever mentions or looks at the ballistics of the .270 Ackley, how come??? I can get 3300fps with 150gr ABLRs, and….make bras out of just about any 30-06 class brass!!! There's a number of suppliers out there making high BC bullets for the .277 caliber today.

Why not build a fast twist .270 Ackley Improved "AND" and……blow them away!!?????? Nobody (well mostly nobody, there are a few smart ones) ever mentions or looks at the ballistics of the .270 Ackley, how come??? I can get 3300fps with 150gr ABLRs, and….make bras out of just about any 30-06 class brass!!! There's a number of suppliers out there making high BC bullets for the .277 caliber today.

Because they don't make long action type case upper receivers. Because BCG's are a mechanical ejection device.

I've gone to roller cam bolt pins in the best chrome and nickel boron BCG's in AR-10 & 15 inside of forged uppers and lowers to just make them last with higher powered shorter case rounds.

I own the 270 AI with a 29 inch fast twist bolt gun and have shot up to 190 VLD type bullets and settled in a 169.5 grain. the 175 matrix are okay, but those and the above 270 wsm are not AR rounds. You need to look at the older semi auto hunting rifles. I saw a BAR type in 7 mm win mag years ago.