Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought ? I hsve several tied

I knew better, I just knew better. But I bought a New England Firearms single shot in 22-250. After 2 different stocks, 4 different scopes, 3 different sets of bases and rings, several several different handload combinations and a trip back to NEF, I threw in the towel, cut my losses and got rid of it.
Never again.
Dennis

Last edited:
I once bought a Russian surplus Nagant revolver. It was in 7.62 nagant caliber. Needless to say, ammo was hard to come by. I did get a box of ammo. The revolver looked pretty nice. It was arsenal reconditioned. I found out that russians must have really strong hands. The trigger pull was very heavy. My hand felt fatigued after shooting 8 rounds. I sent it down the road to a collector. It had less use as a defensive weapon than a hockey stick.

Savage B-Mag. Got one shortly after they were available, so it's an old one with the pencil barrel. Wouldn't shoot 3 MOA with either of the 17 WSM ammo. Bought a AT-One stock from Boyd's hoping that would improve things. No help. Bedded action, no help. Even tried bedding the barrel at the fore end to prevent whip. All to no avail

I bought off a maker, a custom old pump action .218 Bee. Original caliber of the action was either a .32/20 or .25/20. Rifle had a nice Douglas barrel and the prettiest walnut stock I ever saw. But the rifle kept breaking firing pins so often I returned it to the maker and received a refund. It shot great but the firing pins usually broke after shooting less than a dozen shots.

The worse rifle I ever bought was a tie between a Winchester model 70 stainless control feed 338 win mag and a CVA express muzzleloader honorable mention is a new one a kimber model 84 in 6.5 cm .The Winchester model 70 stainless with a boss was about a total flop but a friend shot 7 moose with it in Alaska .The finish some kinda coating rusted and flaked in the gun case .The magazine wouldn't work I had to get a whole new trigger guard and magazine .The worse thing they totally drilled the scope mount holes totally crooked making it almost impossible to get a scope to work .I finally got Burris signature rings with offset to tje maximum offset .The scope barely could site in .Winchester almost replaced the whole gun but backed out because there were any more boss 338s .The cva express muzzleloader was total junk it had one site for two barrels and fell off .I finally got a set if express sites which heroes. THE funnest thing is that it fell apart many tomes because the hinge pin fell out making the gum fall apart cba finally fixed it but didn't want to .The kmber model 84 in 6.5 cm just jams and kimber refuses to fix it .I don't know if it's yhe magazine or the bedding .I am going to try another magazine hopefully that works .The other problem with it is lack of scope mounrs I can't find one for this model totally sold out .I wish companies would furnish at least weaver bases .Bad guns totally stink I had a few more too a marlin muzzleloader that's hangfires like up to 10 mins later is the most unsafe I quit shooting it .
For a rifle, I would have to say my used 300 win mag BAR. For a pistol it would be an intertec CAT. Was a 9mm mini pocket pistol looked like a Glock.

KIMBER 84 mountain whatever in 2506…an "all hat and no cattle" affair….having several rifles in 2506 that shoot 3/4 moa or under, this KIMBER did not like ammo…
It was awesome until you shot it….it was a 3 month investigative rabbit hole of scope changes, torque settings, ammo tweaks, customer service hell etc…the total unsolvable 3 moa mystery waste of time

While not into brand-bashing I do give credit to great products. That said, being a .45-70 fan I once bought a new lever-action, (NOT a Marlin or Winchester), that just sucked. To start with, the feed tube was for a .30-30. Loading single, it printed a perfect question mark (?) everytime that you started shooting. The forearm grip was jury-rigged, not properly fastened.
This was at the end of their current .45-70 production run & I have always wondered if some go-fer in the plant assembled it with what leftover parts he or she could find?
Dealer gladly took it back agreeing that it was a lemon.
Only had 1 bad shotgun but don't get me started on handguns.