Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

And dang it... I want the 257 AI just because it's such a nice looking cartridge. But that 22" barrel definitely hurts it.

It's like looking at a beautiful model... you want her... but you know that somewhere... someplace... someone is sick and tired of her BS!!

but do we really need reasons why????
Do It Thumbs Up GIF by Michael Bolton

Do it! If you want to do an AI, try it! The so-called reasons to not to don't really matter if it's what you want.

I have a 280 AI in a weatherby mark v ultralight. Sweet gun to carry and it can reach a long ways!!!

With its ballistics... the weight of the gun with scope... I almost have to argue that it should be my "all around" gun, but somehow it doesn't "point" as nice. One gun that for some reason the front end "floats" a bit on me if I'm not shooting off something.

Second from top. Picture I happened to have of my lightest to heaviest of my lightweight.

Attachments

• 20230121_114451.jpg
    20230121_114451.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 23
I have a 280 AI in a weatherby mark v ultralight. Sweet gun to carry and it can reach a long ways!!!

With its ballistics... the weight of the gun with scope... I almost have to argue that it should be my "all around" gun, but somehow it doesn't "point" as nice. One gun that for some reason the front end "floats" a bit on me if I'm not shooting off something.

Second from top. Picture I happened to have of my lightest to heaviest of my lightweight.

The light weights often do not "point and hold" as well as the heavier stuff! But, they pack so nicely……just always carry shooting sticks for muzzle control! memtb

Yeah I agree totally!!! Just some guns just point better. The 2 mountain ti's (top one in 325 wsm is my lightest gun and the bottom is in 7 wsm) and the Savage ultralight (6.5x284) all point/balance way better.

Actually part of the reason I bought that browning mountain ti in 7 mm wsm back from a friend (I bought both rifles for a good deal and gave him the option as I already had a remington titanium in 7 wsm). It just points really nicely and I like the 7 a touch better than the 325 for deer. Not that the 325 has done a lot of shooting lol. One cow moose at about 40 yards. But did take it out for elk one time (the 300 RUM ended up taking a bull elk) and it was a dream to carry. I think it's 6 lbs 5 ounces scoped.

The light weights often do not "point and hold" as well as the heavier stuff! But, they pack so nicely……just always carry shooting sticks for muzzle control! memtb

They don't point and hold but that's the least of my problems…i have naturally shaky hands, not bad enough to notice much and nothing to worry about neurologically but suffice to say light weight rifles really reveal any inherent unsteadiness and heavy guns dampen it out.

They don't point and hold but that's the least of my problems…i have naturally shaky hands, not bad enough to notice much and nothing to worry about neurologically but suffice to say light weight rifles really reveal any inherent unsteadiness and heavy guns dampen it out.

Maybe your underwear are too tight…….Oh wait, 🙀 that's a different thread! 😉 memtb

Maybe your underwear are too tight…….Oh wait, 🙀 that's a different thread! 😉 memtb
I must have missed something…where was this being discussed? Never mind, I don't wanna know 🤣

Overdoing it on the coffee doesn't help but I will say, counterintuitive as it may seem, one or two cups of coffee actually steadies my hands a bit.

I must have missed something…where was this being discussed? Never mind, I don't wanna know 🤣

Overdoing it on the coffee doesn't help but I will say, counterintuitive as it may seem, one or two cups of coffee actually steadies my hands a bit.

Kinda like math….. a negative times a negative equals a positive! 😉 memtb

Looks like a pretty sweet collection to me❗😊

89 pages... that's pretty good. I read the first page and this one :D talk about late to the meeting...

Even though I have one, and I like it, because it puts meat on the table (I guess I have something to do with that too), I'd say the 7mm Rem Mag. or 7 mag (urp).<-- you have to say 7 Mag with a deep voice and accent Mag. Why do I hate it if I have one? Too many letters. I don't want to have to type 7mm Remington Magnum. I want to be cool and type Creed... or CM... I don't like those either.

The real answer is 8.6 BLK. <-- this thing has been a challenge. I knew it would be. And I don't really hate it. I want to. But it provides me with the kind of entertainment that I crave.

Kinda like math….. a negative times a negative equals a positive! 😉 memtb
I doubled taked cause I thought you said METH.

Two meths does not equal a positive anything except for society because you'll probably remove yourself from the gene pool soon.

The real answer is 8.6 BLK. <-- this thing has been a challenge. I knew it would be. And I don't really hate it. I want to. But it provides me with the kind of entertainment that I crave.
What's not to love about the bullet being longer than the case? 😲 Can't wait to get enough brass to start running my Makers.