Whats the cartridge you LOVE to HATE?

1. Any cartridge by Hornady.
  2. Anything .277 caliber, but more specifically the 270 Win. It's just never appealed to me. Never understood the fascination with the 6.8SPC either.
You had me until you brought in the greatest cartridge of all time for North America, the undisputed champ, the amazing .270 Winchester. We cannot, and I absolutely mean ALL of the disrespect possible, be friends. 😂

You had me until you brought in the greatest cartridge of all time for North America, the undisputed champ, the amazing .270 Winchester. We cannot, and I absolutely mean ALL of the disrespect possible, be friends. 😂

I can see your point…but being "made here" (and I'm Canadian but at this point I also kind of see American or Canadian made products as "domestic" and everything else as foreign haha) is only meaningful IF WHAT IS BEING MADE HERE IS SOMETHING TO BE PROUD OF. My weatherby vanguard was made in Japan and dang it's put together better than anything I've seen Remington or marlin come out with in recent years.

I will always have a great respect for savage arms - ironically I know the finish and detail on them is worse than the Remingtons I've just berated, but they ain't claiming to be worth a lot of money and that's the difference - also they frequently outshoot them - though now that they're trying to be "fancy" I have my suspicions about them losing their way haha. Their rimfires are actually (at least mostly, don't know if entirely) made up in Ontario which is kinda neat to me.

God bless and long live the Ruger 10/22!
Yeah. I forgot to mention US made Savage . I own a Weatherby Vanguard 300 Win mag . Won it on a $10 raffle . Also a Weatherby Vanguard 6.5 Creed for $10 ticket that I traded for a Savage 111 which I sold. I killed two bucks and a doe and a cow elk with the Vanguard 300 WM this last Nov. and Dec. I like it. It doesnt come close to my Rem 700 300 RUM or C.A. Ridgeline or Cooper 52 but for a production rifle I'll take my Rem 700's any day. To each his own. This is America. For now land of the free and home of the brave. God Bless America. 🇺🇲😉

Have you sought therapy fot this condition?
7-08

I can't even count the guys I have ran into at the range over the years that can't shoot, know absolutely nothing. But they read on the inter web that a Tikka 7-08 was the be all, end all to every big game animal and hunting situation in North America. As long as you have a Barnes bullet stuffed in the case.

You can use it to part ragging creeks and walk across on dry land, it defies the laws of gravity. In a tight spot it can be used as a weed pipe and makes an excellent high lifter Jack handle.

But all the above does not apply unless the driver of the rifle is dressed head to toe in Sitka gear and the rifle can only be transported in a Toyota TRD. There is also a minimum amount of selfies that must be taken per range session.

I personally loath the 7 mag, when I was building rifles, every doner was a 7 mag so I was helping the world by removing them one at a time, also helped that it was the most popular one in the used racks.
Not that it requires an explanation, but . . . Why? It's just a bullet and a fuel tank.

High BC bullets at a good clip are a winning combination by any measure. .284's carry well with minimal wind drift, and they hit hard and penetrate well when they get there.

I've taken the vast majority of my big game with various 30 or 338 cals through the years, but I fully appreciate what .284's bring to the table as far as long range big game hunting.

Last edited:
. This is America. For now land of the free and home of the brave. God Bless America. 🇺🇲😉
Here's hoping that can be maintained.

North of the border id like to think that this is still "the true North strong and free" 🇨🇦 and I do believe in that. But our current administration seems hellbent on creating a nation that is neither strong nor free.

I know you Americans are feeling this too. Doesn't matter what side of the border we on, it seems if you want to be responsible for yourself and be free to build your own life and live it as you see fit you're in for tremendous resistance nowadays. Liberal governments never mind their business and both our nations are suffering under such.

Recent Posts