What's boots are your daily wear to work boots?

55stone

hey guys I'm in need of some new boots for daily wear. They will see about the same amount of concrete as they do dirt anymore. I was just wondering what everyone likes. Doesn't need to be Steele toe my only requirement would be waterproof.

I am retired, but my daily boot is the Meindl Hikers that are availabile through Cabelas. They are ver comfortable, waterproof and have a lifetime warranty. Actually, these are my second pair.

I try to wear something that does not have blood on it. Difficult in fall and winter. Get whatever feels good on your feet with soft rubber soles. Forget brand, Let your feet decide. They will only last about 6mos on concrete no matter what you buy, so think about that when pricing.

Salomon Quest 4D 3 GTX. I wanted a pair that were good and broken in to double up as scouting boots during spring, summer, early fall. Very comfortable, virtually no breakin required and have goretex but all goretex is not created equal and I couldn't tell you how waterproof these are.

I wear Thorogood boots. Usually last me about a year and half or so. But I wear the heck out of them and don't oil them the way I should. They make several different water proof pairs now. And the number one important thing to me at least they are made right here in the good old USA.

Anthony

Redwing model 606 i have been wearing for 25 years, i get about a year out of a pair working 50 hours a week on the railroad. Nothing else is close to the instant break in of red wings with the supersole. If they fail in a year they will replace them free. Be aware that some models are not USA Made and i would avoid those models. Not cheap but better than anything i have ever owned. Union made as well

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.