What type of shelter do you use most often for backpack hunting during rifle season?

What type of shelter do you use most often for backpack hunting during rifle season?

• Bivy

Votes: 47 7.0%
  • Tarp

Votes: 75 11.1%
  • Bivy/Tarp combo

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • 3 season double wall tent

Votes: 130 19.2%
  • 3 season single wall tent

Votes: 154 22.8%
  • 4 season tent

Votes: 96 14.2%
  • Tipi

Votes: 84 12.4%

• Total voters
I've had to push snow off about every tent I've owned at some point. What does MSR stand for in name ? And Zoid ? I'm old 😉

Exactly what @3chester said: Mountain Safety Research. They make a lot of backpacking gear and probably some of the best snowshoes around.

The Zoid series of tents from MSR are based on the same series from Walrus. One man bivy up to two man two-pole side entry non-freestanding tents that are really light.

Exactly what @3chester said: Mountain Safety Research. They make a lot of backpacking gear and probably some of the best snowshoes around.

The Zoid series of tents from MSR are based on the same series from Walrus. One man bivy up to two man two-pole side entry non-freestanding tents that are really light.
Good to know in my old age . Thank you both. ❤️👍🏼

If you didn't know what MSR is, I'm wondering what kind of stove you use. They make the Pocket Rocket, which weighs about 4 oz. w/o the gas tank. I picked up a Chinese copy that has a piezio ignigter, which is even more convenient.

Bivy
Tarp
Bivy/Tarp combo
3 season double wall tent
3 season single wall tent
4 season tent
Tipi
now if doing a 30+ day hunt way back in we some times do a big set up

Attachments

• 12919850_1268772809805599_8607175121259813728_n.jpg
    12919850_1268772809805599_8607175121259813728_n.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 69
Well, I drew some tags this year so I dug out 1 of my tents. Looks like I'll be using my alps mountaineering 1 person mystique tent a bit. If I had to buy 1 today it would be the helix.

If you didn't know what MSR is, I'm wondering what kind of stove you use. They make the Pocket Rocket, which weighs about 4 oz. w/o the gas tank. I picked up a Chinese copy that has a piezio ignigter, which is even more convenient.
Hmmm..... Let me try to remember.... I think I rubbed two sticks together and cooked over an open fire 🤔

Got a Durston X Mid Pro 2 for this season. Once I got it home and weighed it against my old tent, I immediately justified the decision of carrying a heavier rifle with the couple pounds of weight savings I got...... hahah! But the rifle in question just shoots so great and has only rung steel so far. It needs to spend a few nights under the stars.