What rifles have fancy wood stocks?

I'm looking for a rifle that has a fancy stock, new or old. Besides Weatherby's, does anyone else make anything like that?
I have a Sako, L61R, .270 Win Finnbear Deluxe with Monte Carlo stock
L61R (3).JPG
I purchased in Germany in 1974. It has beautiful workmanship on the stock along with a couple other embellishments. I bought the rifle new in a Military gun club for $350. I went to a Cabelas Gun Library and was shocked to see one just like it for $1500.

Attachments

• L61R (2).JPG
    L61R (2).JPG
    586.6 KB · Views: 131
  • L61R (4).JPG
    L61R (4).JPG
    979.8 KB · Views: 136
  • L61R (6).JPG
    L61R (6).JPG
    564.2 KB · Views: 144
  • L61R (7).JPG
    L61R (7).JPG
    626.2 KB · Views: 137
  • L61R (9).JPG
    L61R (9).JPG
    363.4 KB · Views: 127
  • L61R (10).JPG
    L61R (10).JPG
    623.2 KB · Views: 128
  • L61R (11).JPG
    L61R (11).JPG
    660.8 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
I'm looking for a rifle that has a fancy stock, new or old. Besides Weatherby's, does anyone else make anything like that?
Go to the online auction outfits and check Colt Sauers, Browning Safari FN mausers, Sako Foresters, Kleingunthers and other older but still "New in box" rifles. Most had beautiful wood and all had deep polished blueing. These are all fine quality rifles that are collectibles and shooters. Happy hunting for that "new" rifle!

Big Horn Armory makes outstanding lever action big bore rifle in pistol cartridges such as the 500 S&W. The standard wood would be extra fancy at minimum. Exhibition grades are phenomenal with an up charge.
BHA just makes Me a better Hunter since the range is more limited which is not a bad thing... GLW5525

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.