What rifle did I just buy?!?!

Givilanczz

I'm not a sharpshooter or a long range hunter, just a guy who asked a local gunsmith to get him a nice hunting rifle in .300 win mag. I just picked up the gun and I have no idea what model it is. On the box it says "Model 700 Tactical Cerokote bolt action center fire rifle 26" barrel w/ 5R rifling .300 win mag syn stock ext adj trigger" Order # 85541. So is it a milspec 5R or a sps tactical.... Or.... Lol sorry Im slow at this it's my first rifle. I'll try and upload pics

I tried to upload pics but can't figure it out using my iphone. I don't have a computer. It's a 26" barrel all black with a black synthetic stock and light grey spakaling on the stock.

When posting pictures on a forum or on the internet, it's ALOT easier to setup a PhotoBucket account, and posting the image code in the dialogue box, then submitting your reply.

Do you have an iPhone?

If so, go into your PB (PhotoBucket) app...

choose the picture you want to post, and let it expand to just that 1 pic with a bunch of buttons around it to choose.

Then look to your bottom right, and you will see a white circle with a black lowercase "i" in it. Click on that.

Then you will see all kinds of URL Link codes, etc... Choose the one at the bottom that has IMG beside it.

A Blue box should pop up that says, "Copied IMG Code."

Click Ok.

Then exit out of PB, go back to your forum, and in this same box that I'm typing in now.....Double click and it should give you 3 options.....Select "Paste" and it should paste your image code into your Reply Box. Then just hit "Submit Reply" and it should post up a full-size picture. :)

That's what I thought too! But I don't see the sps tactical come in 300 win mag, with a 26" barrel or 5R rifling. The model number and the features don't match up. I don't know anything that has 5R rifling and Cerokote in the same weapon, all in 300 win mag with a 26" barrel. This doesn't make any sense.

Well I'll take it for what it is. I'm happy with the rifle it is just erking me when someone says "Awesome what is it?" And I have to say" well, I'm really not sure" If it is a special run I'd like to know what run it was.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.