WHAT OPTICS ARE YOU USING ON YOUR MINI-14?

Grumpah

Just interested in seeing what ya'll are using for optics on your Mini-14's. 🤠👍
Mini 14.JPG
Currently running a Sig Buckmaster 3-9x40mm....thinking of changing up to something else but I have no idea yet as to which way to go. Add a rail and 3X or 5X Prism? 🤔

Last edited:
Alot of folks have said similar about their Mini 14's regarding accuracy. (Minute of barn...lol) I must have the only accurate Mini ever produced. I will say that out of the box, accuracy was horrible due to the factory 95lb trigger pull and 60 grit action....but after a trigger job and polish of the internals, this thing fell right into place. Everyone who shoots it is pleasantly surprised. Guess I'll just leave it alone, not tempt fate and call myself lucky. ;)

Last edited:
I have a mini 30 ( the fishing boat special up here). It's back to irons, could probably use a shotgun bead and not change much....

Fun gun, but sights are suggestions on it.

Weaver 3-9
I have had the receiver and barrel crogenically treated, had a trigger job and added a barrel compensator. Did a little shimming of the stock and receiver and get 1MOA with my handloads.
If I were somewhere besides the big city, I might go for a better scope but here I am just shooting paper.

I've read a little about Cryo treatment of barrels but never had it done or knew anyone that did. Who did your receiver and barrel and how much did it cost? So many pro's and con's on the subject.

Last edited: