What is your favorite digiscoping adapter?

brcfo_outdoors

Just ordered a Kowa TSN-773 from cameraland's sale. I have always wanted a good/quick/convenient digiscope adapter to allow me to used my phone and not have to fiddle around with clamping and precise placement. Long range shooting, hunting, and wildlife observation are what I have in mind. Phone Skope has been on my radar for forever, but the market has expanded and more recently the Ollin company stuff has really caught my eye. I like the idea of using magnets for a simple attachment. I am curious what others use and like.

Oh and feel free to post your digiscoping pics if you got them. Thanks!

I use a Meoptta Uni 2:

The more important part was getting the iPhone app "ProMovie" that let me select which camera lens to use and lock it so the phone doesn't hunt around and change cameras trying to get it lined up. Has worked well on my Vortex Razor.

Range 2450 yards:
IMG_9224.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

Last edited:
I'll probably go with the Ollin this season. I've used the Phone Skope in the past and never really loved it.

My brother recently picked up a Magview adapter. I'll be seeing him in a week and will be able to do some shooting with it. Not sure if it's better than Ollin, but again, nice to see another option available.

I use the MagView. The Olin looks interesting, especially the alignment ring. Problem for me is that it requires a special phone specific case. The MagView works with your existing case. Because I spend a lot of time on the water fishing and am a bit of a klutz, the fact that I can pair MagView with my existing waterproof case is a big plus.

I like the idea of the Magview, but it wouldn't work with my existing case so I would have to take off my case anyways each time I wanted to use it. With that in mind I just ended up ordering the Ollin because of their anniversary sale. They had a case that matched my S21 Ultra which was also nice since trying to match phones that are a couple generations old can be a pain.

Have you looked at the Scope Cam? Couple of buddies and I have them, they work great on spotting scopes.here are a couple of pics using my old nikon pro spotting scope. One is the white buffalo at Whitington, it's at 1134 yards. The second s when we had the blood moon. One thing I did do was use another app to control the camera as the defaut Apple app was not wanting to work well. I used an app called Manual and was able to control all the aspects of the cameras as well as the video. YMMV

Attachments

• Whit1.jpg
    Whit1.jpg
    624.2 KB · Views: 42
  • Moon.jpeg
    Moon.jpeg
    352 KB · Views: 55
Just bought the Olin and the Samsung Ultra 23 phone for a trip out west. Looking forward to a 200 megapixle camera on the Swaro. I'll be doing some practice pics toward the end of the week hopefully.

Just bought the Olin and the Samsung Ultra 23 phone for a trip out west. Looking forward to a 200 megapixle camera on the Swaro. I'll be doing some practice pics toward the end of the week hopefully.
You will love how the 23 Ultra looks through a spotting scope. I took mine out a few weeks ago and hand held it through the Kowa without a digiscope adapter and I can literally see the craters on the moon with the Kowa 773 and S23 Ultra. Did not realize I had a telescope haha.

I am also interested in the Ollin or the Magview - these seem to be about the leaders. I do like that the Magview works with bino's and does not need its own case - but love the idea that the Ollin does not need adjusted and can be indexed.

The only question I have for those that use the magview is if they ever have ran into a situation where it took them too long to adjust? I am going to assume not because if you are sitting glassing and see an animal and plan on digiscoping, odds are you have time to take the extra 30 seconds to set it up. I guess the benefit of the Ollin would be if you are filming someone shooting or something and don't have time to be messing with anything.

I think the Novagrade is the best universal adapter, either the single of double gripper.
The plate for the Magview won't allow my phone to charge wireless so it's kind of a pain.

I think the Novagrade is the best universal adapter, either the single of double gripper.
The plate for the Magview won't allow my phone to charge wireless so it's kind of a pain.
I do see that Magview just released a wireless charging one - curious how it works

Since I use my phone for GPS navigation I don't like magnets on or near it, so I went with the PhoneSkope. So far its working great for me.