Votes: 822 22.2%
  • 45-54

Votes: 849 22.9%
  • 55-64

Votes: 810 21.9%
  • 65+

Votes: 313 8.4%

• Total voters
I did that when I was young, worked my butt off. Remember it's not how much money you make, its how much money you save... (so you can buy your hunting toys) LOL

I did not know they were that stressful. I suppose winter storms add to
the work load. I am quite thankful that I am retired, biggest decision
is whether to shoot a bow or one of the firearms. Sometimes it's which direction do I want scout today.

I did not know they were that stressful. I suppose winter storms add to
the work load. I am quite thankful that I am retired, biggest decision
is whether to shoot a bow or one of the firearms. Sometimes it's which direction do I want scout today.

Yup , I have the same problem , 1Hunter.... We got it ruff... I just got some new arrows and I'm fixin to shoot some Hawgs. But of course i carry a Redhawk on my side.

I work at the Coal Fired Plant you know "the redheaded step child of PGE" and when we go into an outage its a pretty demanding schedule and with us shutting down we are low on staff so I tend to end up covering for alot of employees its alright with me for now but next month it should slow down.

Yup , I have the same problem , 1Hunter.... We got it ruff... I just got some new arrows and I'm fixin to shoot some Hawgs. But of course i carry a Redhawk on my side.

Sounds Like a very sensible item to be packing for back up. Just
in case.

I'm headed out in a week or so Spring Bear and Turkey hunting, my back-up
is a Ruger Blackhawk 6 1/2 44 mag.

Sounds Like a very sensible item to be packing for back up. Just
in case.

I'm headed out in a week or so Spring Bear and Turkey hunting, my back-up
is a Ruger Blackhawk 6 1/2 44 mag.

When I lived in Northern NY, I always carried a 41 mag Blackhawk 5 1/2" barrel
It got stolen so I replaced it with the 7 1/2" 44 mag Redhawk double action. Down here in TX, we got rattle snakes as big as your leg. You don't have to hit one with the bullet, the muzzle blast screws em up pretty good, so you can aim on the second shot. For Hawgs too. We are getting black bears showing up too. The bow is fun, but if that hawg comes running toward me, I got an artillery piece to handle that. I stillhunt and set in stands for a nap. I hunt all year long for predators here, The hawgs taste better than store bought pork.

Hunterbob,

Montgomery Texas is a rather historical place.
I have been through the Houston Area on I =10 and North on I- 20. Through
Fort Worth - Dallas.
Can't see too much of the country from the Interstates, except the red blotches
on the road coming into either city. Must have a good population deer.

From the amount of paddle cactus I could see. the hogs
won't starve soon.

Last edited:
Hunterbob,

Montgomery Texas is a rather historical place.
I have been through the Houston Area on I =10 and North on I- 20. Through
Fort Worth - Dallas.
Can't see too much of the country from the Interstates, except the red blotches
on the road coming into either city. Must have a good population deer.

From the amount of paddle cactus I could see. the hogs
won't starve soon.

Montgomery is right on the edge of Sam Houston National Forest. Hawgs are a problem here. They eat anything and eat the same stuff as deer. They contaminate drinking water for all wildlife, so our goal is to exterminate them. Black bear are showing up on trail cams in the forest too. Deer are doing well here, but not as big; to the north of me in the panhandle and South TX are big deer. I got a nice one this year and need to post the picture. At the time I was going to post it another hunter posted his Son's first deer, so I figured I would wait.

Good for you. We have to take care of the Kids, and bring them along.

In Oregon we are not over run with porkers yet. Although they have moved
in the South West part of the state. Up from California. I think eradication of
the species is in order. Good luck

1hunter, I have tried to pattern these pigs and its impossible. I found that they rove different areas at night only, and when daylight comes, they bed down wherever they are. They never stay in one area more than a few days. They are always bedded near water during the day and you can sneak up on them from down wind. That's the way I do it; or bate them, if I know they are in the area.