What is the most overbore cartridge YOU HAVE USED?

Bolded are/were my personal rifles.
28 Nosler, .25-06AI, 300RUM, 7RUM, 6.5-300Wby, 26 Nosler, .264WM, 30-37HATE Wby

I bet a lot of my other rifle are considered overbore as well, just not as much as the above.
Tell me about the .30-37HATE!!!! Why do you hate it? I'm here to learn!

Not sure how overbore, but 338 snipetac for me. When I had it built, weren't a lot of 338 hotrods around, and the smith thought I was looking at 225 or 240 gr bullets. I wanted to shoot the new Berger 300gr Hybrid.
It was fun and costly, if I recall, just about the time I needed new brass, Jamison brass went out of business and I sold it.

Tell me about the .30-37HATE!!!! Why do you hate it? I'm here to learn!
Ugh. I have loaded for 3 of them. Loud, obnoxious, heavy recoil, and eat powder (and throats) like a fat kid eats cake. Brass is expensive, barrel life sucks, and the added speed over a .300RUM is not worth the squeeze. Hard to tune, and the 1:10" twist doesn't do the cartridge justice. Put a 1:9" or 1:8: and run a true heavy (230-250) to make these do what they SHOULD do. All 3 I have loaded for, the guys wanted to run 180 class bullets (180 Part, 180 NAB, 180 TSX) fast. BC sucks on these bullets, and they insisted these would be a 1000-1200+ elk round. Only one guy was possibly capable of 600+ shooting.

Not worth it.

for me it's a 6x284 and it's a great hunting cartridge, but if (when) I rebarrel. I'll probably do a 25x284.
Not really because it's overbore and not because it's a barrel burner...but simply because it's on a long action and even with 115 Dtacs...it's got a ton of unused magazine.
a 130-135gr bullet is a little better suited for the case on a long action IMO
If I wanted to do another 6mm...it would just be a 6 PRC in a short action.

My 270 Allen Mag was the most overbore rifle I have owned. The cartridge was an improved 338 Lapua case necked down in several stages to a .277. The rifle wore a slow twist, 26" barrel that shot the matrix 195 gr. bullet. I no longer have my reloading notes, but the powder charge was close to 100+ grains of the slowest burning ball powder i could find (the stick, or kernel powders would bridge up in the shoulder/neck area and cause dangerous spiking pressures).

Don't know if this goes here or on reloading forum, but figured I'd ask…

What is the most overbore cartridge you ACTUALLY have experience with? The craziest hot rod, the biggest case to bore ratio, the most ridiculous magnum, this worst barrel burner….

What have you learned from it? Would you do it again?

I know everyone on these threads makes jokes about a .17-50bmg or references the .22-378 eargesplittenloudenboomer experiment by ackley…I don't care about those. I don't know of a single person who has ever done such a thing in any serious effort. I'm trying to avoid that and learn about people's experiences and learning from actual field rifles in very overbore factory chamberings or more so truly impractical but still useful wildcats. I'm entertaining the thought of one myself.

@ButterBean @Fiftydriver @MagnumManiac i know you folks off the top of my head have played with some big cases pushing small bullets….
I would have to say my 240 Gibbs is my most overbore. When I burned out the original 1 in 9.5 twist, I re-barreled with a stainless 1 in 8 twist and backed the 95 gr SSTs I shot down to 3350. In the original barrel I ran that bullet at 3540 with 63 gr of Retumbo.

Don't know if this goes here or on reloading forum, but figured I'd ask…

What is the most overbore cartridge you ACTUALLY have experience with? The craziest hot rod, the biggest case to bore ratio, the most ridiculous magnum, this worst barrel burner….

What have you learned from it? Would you do it again?

I know everyone on these threads makes jokes about a .17-50bmg or references the .22-378 eargesplittenloudenboomer experiment by ackley…I don't care about those. I don't know of a single person who has ever done such a thing in any serious effort. I'm trying to avoid that and learn about people's experiences and learning from actual field rifles in very overbore factory chamberings or more so truly impractical but still useful wildcats. I'm entertaining the thought of one myself.

@ButterBean @Fiftydriver @MagnumManiac i know you folks off the top of my head have played with some big cases pushing small bullets….
When i was developing my wildcats i had played with the big wby case necked down to 7mm, so basically a 7mm-378 wby. It worked ok with heavy bullet weights and powders such as wc860, wc872 h870 but did not like the length of the round. Back then i did not have my Raptor receiver and it was just a decent amount of work to shoe horn this length of round into most of the receivers being used at that time. I then decided to try the 338 lapua parent case as was honestly surprised with my then prototype 7mm Allen Mag, basically my improved version design of the 7/338 lapua, matched or even slightly exceeded the velocities i was getting with the MUCH larger 7-378 wby. And doing it with significantly longer caae life, MUCH shorter oal and about 10-12 grains less powder!😳.

Other then that, i also tested a prototype version of my 257 Allen Mag using the full length 300 RUM parent case which proved to be to much capacity.

Also tested a prototype version of a 224 Allen Mag based on the 270 wsm necked down and improved to my case design. Those are probably the three lowest expansion ratio wildcats i have worked with.