What guns would you like to see in a gun raffle?

I am putting together a gun raffle for my volunteer fire department.
I am looking for suggestions on guns to put in the raffle.
Planning on 5 guns, and spending a total of around $7000 on them.
Any suggestions?
There is a volunteer fire department near my that raffles 12 guns off every year they sell a certain amount of calendars and give 1 gun each month and a person can win multiple times they sell out within a few weeks every year most of the guns are under a 1000 dollars but a couple are more expensive, a friend of mine has won multiple guns in the past one was a 28 gauge franchi and another was a Henry Golden Boy

Choose your guns for the raffle, 1 thru 5, but do not purchase them. Give them the winning ticket and let them go to the gun store and either claim ticket gun or put that money towards something they have had their eye on. Someone might already have a couple of the winning guns and really wants a different one. This let's everyone have a chance at their wish list.

Any suggestions?
S&W .22LRs :D NEW

(Lowest Buy Now Price that I could find)

1. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/932179482 (one available) S&W Model 41 semi-auto

2. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/931222343 (one available) S&W Model 41 semi auto

3. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/935183284 (two available) S&W Model 617 revolvers

:D Wood grips for S&W 617s (Square Butt)
4. Amazon product ASIN B00W3Q1CRO
:D Leather Holsters for S&W 617

:D Holsters for S&W Model 41 7-inch

:D .22LR AMMO (Buy a bunch with what's left for the winners!)
Prices listed are Low to High

:D "Build it: And they will come." (Droool!)

Last edited:
How about a Browing X-Bolt in 7 mm, or 300 Mag, a Savage 110 in 308, any Smith & Wesson hand gun, perhaps a Mossburg shootgun with a28" smooth bore and a 20" sabo barrel just a thought, or a 1895 Marlin in 45-70 SS that every one wants.

All good answers here and FEENIX and Muddy Boots said, what we may be looking for here may not push sales locally. Although after reading this I just cleaned out 12 old raffle tickets from under the till drawer that had expired. Can't help myself when it's a gun raffle.
sent you a PM

Throw in a Safari grade Browning BAR, and either a Sako or and a Benelli 12 ga., some kinda 6.5 Creedmore of course.....

Any suggestions?

I saw Christensen Arms rifles on sale on Eurooptic a week or so ago. $300-400 off. Puts em in your range. I love mine. I'd buy a ticket for that too by the way.

My thoughts are Benelli m/2 in 12 ga and one in 20ga. $2600
My thoughts are we have ton of high school trap shooters and the 20 ga. would be quite appealing.

A nice handgun like a Kimber? I'm not much of a handgun guy so i could use some more suggestions. $1200 ?
Then maybe a lever gun or AR style gun here again not really my thing so I would need suggestions.$1200?
Then I would be left with $2000 for
A nice bolt gun deer rifle brand model depends on what I can find.
I think the Kimber 1911 is a great choice, they'res lots of nice bolt action rifles that would sale tickets in that price range, personally I would lean towards a Winchester 70 but that's just me other than that I think you have it covered 👍👍👍

Any suggestions?

Whatever you land on, thanks for helping out public service folks and departments!

My opinion:
1911 Kimber or similar price point
A model 70 in common caliber
A multi use shotgun
Maybe 1 collector or classic item

Throw one in that people window shop for but may not buy themselves. This is very open ended, but would attract attention. I have to many that fall in this category to be more specific, but you know the local market.

I buy raffle tickets for items that I think would be cool to own, but i won't ever buy it myself.
Tavor-bull pup, Colt SAA, .50 BMG rifle, competition pistols (though I did purchase a CZ Shadow 2), over/under shotgun, etc