What gun would you want if the SHTF?

I've read the first two, but I haven't read the third. There are several books on survival of all types, and while many focus on conflict, I prefer books that actually teach the day to day routines, wild food and medicinal sources, water and purification, trapping, tracking, survival building, 1001 uses books, Fox Fire series, etc, etc.

Over the decades, I have read many of these and still have most in my collection, and for a time, I also put a lot of their teachings into practice to hone my skills. Most survival situs will not revolve around direct armed conflict, and if it does, it will be short. Either you live and evade to more peaceful surroundings, or you perish early on. Thus, I like to focus on the daily living parts and its requirements vs large scale combat like a soldier in war. Not that I don't have that covered also.

Have you read Patriots- Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles? It is kind of a survival handbook in novel form!

He also has a great website…https://survivalblog.com/ memtb

Have you read Patriots- Surviving the Coming Collapse by James Wesley Rawles? It is kind of a survival handbook in novel form!

He also has a great website…https://survivalblog.com/ memtb
Yep. When it first came out.
Back in the late 70's and into the late 80's, I was into survival training. Some was in the mil as an aviator, and some was due to various books and courses like Tom Brown's and others. And of course, I grew up on a poor small farm/ranch and learned by the school of hard knocks a lot of old school living.

Last edited:
I wanted to see the new movie Civil War. Was supposed to come out 4/24. I drove by Walk in Theater a couple times abs saw it there. Was going to go see it last Tue.. Looked at show times on phone. It was no longer playing ! WTH ? I called and it was playing the week of 12th. I was pizzed off ! I'm just venting...😡
I looked like good movie.

I wanted to see the new movie Civil War. Was supposed to come out 4/24. I drove by Walk in Theater a couple times abs saw it there. Was going to go see it last Tue.. Looked at show times on phone. It was no longer playing ! WTH ? I called and it was playing the week of 12th. I was pizzed off ! I'm just venting...😡
I looked like good movie.
From what I heard about it I think I will pass on seeing it.

These types of threads are always good entertainment. Between the tinfoilists that think they're going to take on a tyrannical govt single handedly with their poormetto AR while scavenging ammo and resources off the bodies of the fallen and the armchair survivalists who think they're just going to vanish into the woods and live off the land with a 22 when society collapses along with millions of people with the same idea, I don't know who is more out of touch with the reality of what would happen in these situations.

You better either have a huge community of people around you with the same ideas and excellent resources, or live in a harsh invironment where nobody in their right mind would flock to and and know **** well how to survive in it. Otherwise it would just turn into a blood bath of every man for themselves and order would further fall apart.
If it actually happened it would most likely be your very last sentence

My fantasy is that I get to stop paying taxes and we have to use horses to get around in a barter economy. Doesn't sound so bad.
Sounds like you should look into becoming Amish.
They would be unaffected by not having electricity or a vehicle. Everyone would be flipping out and it would be just another day for them.

When the SHTF : What If it's your own government to seize all weapons they will use the national guard or nato troops they will move at a time when your sleeping or around 1 pm when most people are at work leavening most homes less defendable your kids at school will be on lock down and marshal law will be declared what are your chances to defend your self and family at this point from home if your not there unless national. guard members or military members warn us forehand or some one in the loop of planning. informs the people not to go to work that day and be prepared to defend your family . That's what the white house and it's regime want's to do. If you have no weapon's to defend your family what can we do when China or Russia come at us who will be the leader in the one world order then. This is just another thought. on when SHTF.
This has been "Their" plan for decades.

Recent Posts