What are your cold weather boots?

Meindl (cant remember which model) for cold hiking.
For cold sitting such as glassing and treestand or blind, ive gone to wearing a set of insulated slip ons with foot warmers in them. I have horrible foot circulation and feet can be numb cold in just a short while no matter the boot. Since going to this setup, my feet are no longer the limiting factor.

Just picked up a pair of surplus Micky Mouse boots. Not a good hiking/hunting boot but if I every want to carry them in and set up for a long cold sit, these are what you want.

Kennetrek Mountain Extreme 400 for me. I adjust the sock layers to make them warmer. They've been warmer than cheap 800-1000 gram boots, and much more comfortable.

I gotta agree with walleyrod, my Sorel felt pacs are my warmest boots. And I always use the 3 mm closed cell neoprene divers' sox as a VBL to keep the felt liners dry and warm.

I've used Shoo Goo on my Sorels to seal the stitching where the leather tops are sewn to the rubber bottoms. This has kept out virtually all water if I break thru ice doing a creek crossing.

Eric B.

For me its Bogs Men's Classic High Camo, as I'm on a budget this time and lost my old Kenetrek Mountain Extreme. But Kenetrek was really satisfying to me. Kenetrek is more comfortable than any other pair along with good wool socks.

Asolo GTX mountaineer boot,Scarpa Grand Dru GTX.White packs if I have to ride in

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.