What are some of the best things you have ever heard ? Looking for quotes or inspiration that help us all through life . Above all have fun with it .

Well, were you able to afford it?
At the time, yes. I could have, but I found out later that those gorgeous woman, and there were many of them, went for about $1500.00 a night. I hadn't spent a paycheck in a year, so yes I could have. But didn't, there was no shortage of women in Alaska. Almost a two to one advantage in them. I ended up bringing one back to Alabama. Turned into wife number 1. Wife number 2 was a huge upgrade. Still have that model. The men coming out for their one week break working on the pipeline had large amounts of $$$$$ on them. Didn't bat a eye at what it cost. This is 1975 $$$. $1500.00 bought you a car.

Oh, but if it were only one! I often read the quotes from some of the "Greatest Generation" and out Founding Fathers. Dwight Eisenhower and Winston Churchhill faced more adversity and saw more of humanity and inhumanity than most of us can ever begin to imagine. Much of the same can be said of our Founding Fathers, many of whom understood the struggles of the English people and the historical importance of the Magna Carta.

But one that I always come back to:

If we open a quarrel between past and present, we shall find that we have lost the future.

Winston Churchill

DB7F13C8-4EBA-4C59-BA4F-2899BFEA144E.jpeg