What’s your spookiest hunting experience?

Always listen to the dog. There a whole lot smarter than we are!
So true. When my oldest girl started dating, I would watch her dog, a gentle lab, react to a new boy. He was an attention whore, loved people, very docile, and yet some boys were growled at. Not one was allowed to go on the date, for their safety, if you know what I mean....

Probably one of the MC130 stationed at Kirtland. Normal for them to fly 250agl/250kts at night in the mountains. The night optics are incredible. Lots of fun! Try it! You just happened to be under the flight path. It can be unnerving if you don't hear it until the last moment.
Back in the covid days I would leave Farmington, NM at 5pm and drive all night (15 hours) to go home, check on the house, and see my kids. The normal route took me through Clovis. The stretch between Tolar and Cannon AFB is pretty straight and very dark. About 1/2 of the time the ceiling is low, 100' or so and on a couple of the trips I could see a slight glow, moving, in the clouds, usually off to the left (south). Every time the glow would start a turn to the left, circle around, and line up to cross the road. Que Close Encounters of the Third Kind music. Every time the aircraft crossed directly overhead. I rolled the window down to see if I could hear it go over. Nope. No engine noise, no prop noise, nothing. It was a C130 but not like the old U models that my son worked on.

So true. When my oldest girl started dating, I would watch her dog, a gentle lab, react to a new boy. He was an attention whore, loved people, very docile, and yet some boys were growled at. Not one was allowed to go on the date, for their safety, if you know what I mean....
Would you let a man borrow that dog on Friday afternoon?

Would you let a man borrow that dog on Friday afternoon?
Sadly, he passed years ago. She still misses him too. On another website, I have read of too many youngsters being unable to spot "red flags" and I often ask, "Where is your family, best friend, dog?" Anyone unwilling to run the gauntlet, that's a red flag. My dog doesn't like you? Please, stay away. The backyard is getting so full.....

Setting decoys in the dark on the slough on my property, surrounded by trees along and overhanging a good portion of the slough, a female bobcat was above me when she let out a wail, I about pee'd my waders and I may have let out a little wail myself. If someone had of chunked a rock in the water near me, I am pretty sure I would have been a couple miles down the road before I got my wits about me.

I have walked up on a porcupine in the dark, stared across the river at a large mountain lion, stood toe to toe with a wounded wild boar, had a semi tame buffalo bluff charge me and had an alligator slap the side of my kayak, but nothing has scared me to the core like that bobcat did. It was just unnerving.
This brought back a memory from 40 years ago. Was hunting public land with 2 buddies and we trekked deep in the area as too many nimrods to feel safe. We scouted a ridge, then went in 2 hours before first light, sitting 30-40 yards apart. The guy in the middle missed the bobcat den entrance. She wasn't happy, and let out a scream 15 feet away from him. Second scary part? For almost 2 minutes, our "remote" ridge? All you heard was people kicking off their safeties, up and down the ridge. We left.

Creepy boyfriend detector. Nice, good dog.

Back in the covid days I would leave Farmington, NM at 5pm and drive all night (15 hours) to go home, check on the house, and see my kids. The normal route took me through Clovis. The stretch between Tolar and Cannon AFB is pretty straight and very dark. About 1/2 of the time the ceiling is low, 100' or so and on a couple of the trips I could see a slight glow, moving, in the clouds, usually off to the left (south). Every time the glow would start a turn to the left, circle around, and line up to cross the road. Que Close Encounters of the Third Kind music. Every time the aircraft crossed directly overhead. I rolled the window down to see if I could hear it go over. Nope. No engine noise, no prop noise, nothing. It was a C130 but not like the old U models that my son worked on.
Ahh, the "U" boats. Deadly. Their capabilities are unbelievable! Nuff said.

When my son was in High School we went for walk in the bottom of the property (ranch) slow walking to see if we could come across some pigs. It took about an hour to make the round and we circled back to come across close to where we started. It was then I noticed tracks on top of our tracks I followed back about twenty feet and realized they were mountain lion tracks. I quietly told my son to back on out and get to the truck. When we were about a hundred yards from the vehicle I mentioned to him that all I had to do was outrun one person! He looked at me and laughed and took off running. He was in track at the time so all he had to do was outrun one person. It is a joke between us now.

When my son was in High School we went for walk in the bottom of the property (ranch) slow walking to see if we could come across some pigs. It took about an hour to make the round and we circled back to come across close to where we started. It was then I noticed tracks on top of our tracks I followed back about twenty feet and realized they were mountain lion tracks. I quietly told my son to back on out and get to the truck. When we were about a hundred yards from the vehicle I mentioned to him that all I had to do was outrun one person! He looked at me and laughed and took off running. He was in track at the time so all he had to do was outrun one person. It is a joke between us now.
Sounds like you taught him to think on his feet!

Dogs are very good judge of people

As I was climbing the tree to my bow stand in the dark early one morning in northern MN I had a porcupine descending the same tree. Thankfully he turned around and climbed back up the tree. He sat on a limb about 8 feet above me all morning. He left me alone and I left him alone.
Have you ever seen one that has been raised by people?
They are the funniest thing you ever see.
It's like a super happy dog wiggling all over and they make this squeak sound. But you have to wear thick gloves to play with them 😂