What’s the farthest you have taken a big game animal with a rifle?

My longest has been 690, one shot on a cow elk across a canyon. That was an old Tikka T3 running 200 Eld-x and reloader 23.

My daughter, who is now 17, has taken 4 elk in the 300-570 range. Her mule deer this year was at 526. The deer was bedded with only the neck and head exposed in the brush and we were pinned down in the open. There was minimal wind and we had time to set up well, so she decided to take the shot. She put it through his neck. I think I was more proud of the shot than she was! 7mm rem mag, Defiance Anti with proof 24" prefit. 175 elites and H1000. It is a fairly mild load @ 2920 fps.

This is probably the one that made my eyes go the widest. With a Legend? Sheesh. Good shot.
I shoot a ton more than most anyone in my group, and the primary arms ACSS reticle for 7.62x39 I've shot spot on to 400 yards so far. I probably wouldn't have shot if I didn't use the round so much. It's became my very favorite for AR size bullets

923 yds (or 928, can't remember) on a New Mexico Pronghorn, 6.5 CM 147 gr factory Hornady ELDM. Perfect conditions, big open valley between his herd and us with no significant cover. 2-3 mph L to R wind. Had a huge flat rock to get prone on.

Lay and watched him feed towards us, when he turned perfectly broadside and stopped, nailed him. Down in his tracks with a spine shot (was aiming for high shoulder).

If I had it to do over I wouldn't. I just spent a couple days at a shooting course and was consistently hitting at 1000 yds in worse conditions than we had. I'd been training and shooting hard all summer and was probably shooting the best in my life, but hit him 1 moa further back than I intended as I under-called the wind.

Still, it was as good of conditions as I could have hoped for with a spotter I trusted helping me gauge the wind. Bottom line: that's probably the longest shot on game I'll ever take. I've stepped up to a 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC, continued to practice, but even under ideal conditions I think it's too far for me (and especially a 6.5 CM). YMMV.

However, I am a big believer in shooting instruction and practicing on steel in similar conditions out further than you intend to hunt. Really helps you know your capabilities.