Weight of rifle

jakebrake

Wat is the weight of the rifle you carry? Do you carry one of those light weight long range rifles?

I have a few rifles that would be considered "light weight" but the bulk of my rifles weigh 11 to 14 pounds fully dressed and loaded.

The light weight rifles I have are for short range (0 to 500 yards) and are handy to carry.

J E CUSTOM

My Weatherby Mk V in .340 Wby. weighs 10.5 lbs with scope, sling, and loaded with 4 rounds of ammo. Been carrying it for 26 years in the mountains of New Mexico, and I have yet to put it down for my lighter TC 30/06 that weighs several pounds less.

The hunting rig in my sig is 11lbs 10oz. It's a little heavy but not bad compared to some of the 13-15 lb rifles Ive seen. I've thought about throwing a 28" proof barrel on there instead. It should shave off a full pound or a touch more bringing her to the 10.5 range fully dressed. It just shoots so good now!

My Loretta is an RBROS 7mm rem mag weighs about 11 pounds with an nxs nightforce scope on it ..

Attachments

• IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 193
Thanks Buddy,

Travis makes the sweet looking boom stick. That shoots straight and tight. I'm
One happy Hunter

NYSHUNTER,

What NXS is that? My Rbros sits at 11lb 10oz with the 5-25x56 ATACR (39oz). Is it the scope difference adding on that 10oz? I have a 28" tube. Was just curious. I see yours is spiral vs straight, but thought that would only be about an ounce difference if that.

When I had my Premier on, I was just under 11lb I think it was. Maybe I'll throw that back on!

Picks below with both setups. Nice stick!

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 220
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 226
  • Premier 1.jpg
    Premier 1.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 203
  • Premier 3.jpg
    Premier 3.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 221
How do you like the defiance action? My stick has the Rogue action which is the RBros action ... I find it pretty smooth

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.